• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this original? USMC?

ODdave

I was wondering if this is/looks original or if it was stenciled on later. there are various other thing on the truck that say MP stuff but there stickers here and there. Just kinna curious. Truck is an 1984 1009

Attachments

topgun217

:ditto: On the black star. I had a buddy make up a USAF stencil for mine. I may be wrong, but every front bumper I've ever seen has the black star. I placed the USAF on the rear left tailgate and a smaller one on the front left. I dnt think its anything all that important, if your happy with the USMC then thats all that counts.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it has a black star, it is probably NOT Marine, stars are not part of the standard USMC markings.

Cheers

Sasquatch

I was just printing out a TM this mornign and noticed the changes to the manual were signed off by a USMC officer, so they probably used the M1008's could be authentic

IYAOYAS

Well we had this on some of our older M1008 and five tone trucks at 29 Palms. The black star is Army, never seen the star on a USMC vehicle, unless dispatched from an Army Moror Pool on an Army base.... but that is what green duck tape was for.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just printing out a TM this mornign and noticed the changes to the manual were signed off by a USMC officer, so they probably used the M1008's could be authentic
Yes indeed, the Marines used the entire CUCV series.

And yes, the marking could be authentic, but it would have been added by the operator or ? as it is non-standard. Looks nice though.

Cheers

Last edited:

MSgt USMC (Ret)

That "font" is what we stenciled on our left breast "cammies" from WW2 thru the early 90's. Eventually, the USMC was omitted and we stenciled only the MC Emblem on the pocket.

More than likely, someone in the motor pool cut out this stencil and sprayed it on. It's for certain NOT an authorized vehicle marking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks