• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this RT-524A demilled?

ida34

We used to have trouble with the SINGARS loosing the key. The problem is you need all the radios programed with the proper "key" with a key encoder. They were new at the time and may have fixed the problem.

ida34

I finally had time to look get under the hood of this thing. I found that there was a module missing. It is the A-2000 module the best I can tell. Now I need to find one if anyone knows a source. I was able to fix the sticking freq knob. It was a cam slightly misaligned and I was able to get it back in line easily.

The open area is the upper right area. It should be the second module from the right. It is visible after flipping the upper module up. The cam I was talking about is seen just above the nut driver handle.

moose53

almost every 524 and 246 were demilled the same exact way....A2000 module, final amp tube, heatsink, and power supply cover were removed. Dunno why they bothered, the parts are found all over the world...hehehe

Jim

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
moose53 said:
almost every 524 and 246 were demilled the same exact way....A2000 module, final amp tube, heatsink, and power supply cover were removed. Dunno why they bothered, the parts are found all over the world...hehehe

Jim
The process of demil doesn't always mean running over with a Cat D8. Demil means that the object cannot be readily returned to working condition. In the past, for radios, that could mean as little as removing a module or two, even if they are available elsewhere. Since enterprising people have found that you can, indeed, return mil radios that were demilled in this way to service after a fashion, the govt. now sees it necessary to demil further, by torching, crushing or otherwise mutilating radio gear. Lord know why, they're just radios. You can buy better quality 6-meter radios at your local ham radio fest.

ONTOS66

Dog - don't fret yo self - LOGIC, has absolutely NO place in the entire decision making process. "They" can prohibit various firearms (for our protection), destroy untold amounts of vehicles and military gear that could have been SOLD to collectors (we aren't ALL in the militia), prevent access to numerous manuals for outdated equipment (when the equipment is already on the surplus market) etc., etc. To keep us safe from all enemies, foreign and domestic - but they still can't control our borders, nor the "undocumented" folk who are in this country. Like the OTM (other than mexican) illegals who are released with an appointment slip to return for a deportation hearing - wanna guess how many actually show?

Time to secure the soap box and take the dog for a walk - maybe he can bite a politician while we are out.

Everyone should believe in something - I believe I'll have a beer.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mr. Haney has the parts, can also fix the radio since you have misalignments, they are somewhat critical. Be careful BTW there is some quite high voltage on the final amp section!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks