• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this the right cover?

3dAngus

I got it with my M101A2, rinsed it down, and threw it over the top.

Looks like it covers the tires. Am I suppossed to remove the top rails with a cover and tuck it in? The gromment holes where the camo changes to brown don't have holes in them, and are covered completely behind with the canvas.
Am I suppossed to punch holes in them. The ropes at the bottom have no tie down points if I tuck it inside.

I'll be searching the tech manual on this one, but thought I would share a fairly newbie point with the masses. Never did a cover on a M101A2 until today, so this came as a bit of a surprise.

Still not sure if it is even the right cover.

Sorry about the blurry pics. We are getting some strange stuff called rain here and fogged up the lens which threw off my range finder, or.... I shook the camera.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a M101 cover that has been extended for use with an M116.

Chief_919

Looks like a M101 cover that has been extended for use with an M116.
This- or it was extended for use with a set of taller sides and bows. I had one like that for a while in my maintenance section, we built the sides up from 2 sets to make it taller and kept parts and POL in it.

3dAngus

I thought the 116 was the chassis on or under the trailer. So I know you know what you're talking about, but how would the chassis affect the cover length?

For instance, I had a M116A3 trailer, and it was about this same trailer with a flatbed and no sides. This one is marked M116 chassis. Please explain to this old dummie.

edit:
Oh, maybe I am a dummie and that was typical DH humor that went over my head.
So Chief, I guess it could be the right cover then, but for a mod trailer. I will probably cut the shirt tails off and cut holes in the grommet then. Thanks.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M101 trailer has a cargo body. The M116 is a flatbed(no sides) or just the chassis.

It's all in one TM, TM 9-2330-202-14&P

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

You gotta put a little emoticon in there with a snicker when you say stuff like that.

Slow people like me don't always catch on right away to your subtle humor.

Turns out, I got two other tarps that are correct in the second trailer I bought in a two lot sale. Now I have three, this one with the shirt tails, and two normal ones. I pulled them out yesterday and dropped them on the ground and didn't uncover, so I had two there and didnt't even know it. Just got really lucky this time. The M101 tarps are getting hard to come by by themselves, so I'll probably be carrying one to the Ga. Rally. Can't wait!!!!!

If only I can bribe my wife to camp out with me. She's a real lady and not much for the good ole outdoors, but usually does whatever I do. You guys will love her. A real people person. And I know shes gonna love you guys too.

(No snide remarks here about the wife please.)

Last edited:

Chief_919

An M116 can be just a frame, a flatbed with no top bows, a flatbed with top bows (that this cover would fit), a frame with a pioneer tool body mounted, or a frame with a partial flatbed, or a frame with specialized mounts......

jcarr001

@JoeCool509

GMA? Can you plesae post a link to their website, I am interested in getting a cover for my 101A2 and that sounds like a great price.

Thanks.

3dAngus

This looks a little better. I folded up that cover in the original post and left it up top, then did a quick covering with this one to see if it was the right one. I think it will work just fine. I ended up with three covers on two trailers. Guess I'll bring one to the Ga. Rally. Anyway, just wanted to show everybody I finally got the solution. Thanks to DH and Chief for the advice. Always nice to have a helping hand the first time out.

Attachments

joecool509

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got my GMA cover and it fits wonderfully, for 299$ to the door, it is a very sturdy reinforced at all contact points. It fits like a glove. Has roll up ties and nylon ropes for the tiedowns. They are a little slow so be patient. I will add a photo soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks