• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ISO cargo bed Advantages

Cdub

At first I wasn't sure if I wanted a standard cargo bed or the ISO bed for my M925a1.
There are a few advantages about the ISO bed that I've come to like very much over the standard cargo bed. For one is a great place to stow my boarding ladder and second is that there is another great place to stow the tow bar. The bracket that the tow bar is resting on are meant for the back rests.

Check it out..............

Cheers,

C'dub

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very cool pics Craig. You don't see a whole lot of info on the ISO beds online. I would love some more detailed shots of the bed tie-downs, side storage, tire davit, etc... Thanks!!

Cdub

Re: RE: ISO cargo bed Advantages

steelsoldiers said:
Very cool pics Craig. You don't see a whole lot of info on the ISO beds online. I would love some more detailed shots of the bed tie-downs, side storage, tire davit, etc... Thanks!!
Sure, No problem.................. [thumbzup]

Cheers,

C'dub

Jimmy

ISO Bed

I have an ISO bed on my M35 and love it. I have never thought to put my ladder in the side storage place but it is a great idea, that is where it will live from now on.

Attachments

Cdub

Re: RE: ISO Bed

steelsoldiers said:
Beautiful truck Jimmy. I don't think I have seen an ISO-bed deuce before. Very cool.
I must agree........that is one COOOL look'n deuce for sure.........one rare thing there is to see US Army on a Marine bed.......I don't think you'll ever see that any where else....

C'dub

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One problem with the ISO bed is that it is made of thin metal, not the same guage stuff that the standard M35 or 5 ton beds are made of.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mark, is it just the sides and gate that are light-weight? I know they were made lighter for easier removal, but it wouldn't make sense to make the bed floor and frame of lighter material considering the loads they were designed to carry.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You would NEVER catch me with my tow bar in a place like that! I hate to say it, but in this day and age, a $500 tow bar will never be in such an accessable place. Maybe if there was some kind of lasso lock, but I have found my tow bars too valuable to leave out in the open like that.

Jimmy

ISO bed

Thanks for the nice comments about the Deuce guys. Cdub, you are right about the Marine bed, I guess I like being different.

Here is what the front looks like. I know the hood numbers are in the wrong place but I am still learning about stencils.

I used an antenna mount from a HMMWV on the right front of the bed also that seems to work real well.

Attachments

Cdub

Re: ISO bed

Jimmy said:
Thanks for the nice comments about the Deuce guys. Cdub, you are right about the Marine bed, I guess I like being different.

Here is what the front looks like. I know the hood numbers are in the wrong place but I am still learning about stencils.

I used an antenna mount from a HMMWV on the right front of the bed also that seems to work real well.
I really do like the look of the five ton ISO bed on the Deuce. That's gota be a one of a kind......OUTSTANDING.........!!!!!

I also like the way you mounted the antenna.........can you please show us a close up pic of the way you mounted it with the HMMWV bracket. It looks like a great idea....!!!

Cheers,

C'dub

Cdub

RE: Re: ISO bed

I must give full credit to M813rc (Rory) for his great idea for stowing the boarding ladder. He has also tought me a great deal about the ISO beds when I was first looking at getting a five ton cargo.

and what an OUTSTANDING M813 he has.........

This ones for you Rory........Thanks a bunch for your help.

Cheers,

C'dub

Attachments

Cdub

Re: ISO

Jimmy said:
Cdub,

It is nasty here today but here are a couple of pics of the antenna mount between showers. If you need any different shots let me know.
Thanks Jimmy, Those pic are just great.....and for the quick responce as well.....

I have found that reversing the side hold downs to the inside of the bed (chain and all) will let the cargo cover lay flat against the sides instead of bumping out and wearing away the cover. This works only for the front and side holds but not for the rear.

Cheers,

C'dub

Attachments

Jimmy

RE: Re: ISO

Thanks for the chain tip Cdub, I had never thought of that and it will help a lot with wear and looks.

Randy, thanks for the comments. The mount did fit very well, I just had to remount the reflector and one tie down. Cutting the tires do help with traction more than you would think, I learned it from a big time tractor pulling friend of mine.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Re: ISO

I liked the siped tires too. They almost look like NATO tires. The ISO bed manual actually specifies that the bed latches need to be facing inside to prevent wear on the top.

Cdub

Re: RE: Re: ISO

steelsoldiers said:
I liked the siped tires too. They almost look like NATO tires. The ISO bed manual actually specifies that the bed latches need to be facing inside to prevent wear on the top.
Hey Chris,

Yes, The manual does state that it is recommended to put the hold downs on the inside of the bed. I thought I had a great idea until I read it in the manual a few months later when the manual finally surfaced for the ISO beds....hahaha....Oh well, I guess the Military really does think things through.....Haha

Cheers,

C'dub

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the kind comments C'dub.

That's Sarge pulling the ladder out in the first pic, my #1 son/B driver is to the right. We were on Ft Hood helping with a charity fundraiser last year.

Pic 2 is at the annual Boy Scout parade in Austin, load capacity is 43 Scouts and 3 adults!

Can you post the number for the ISO manual? I missed that one.

Cheers...R