• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Isolated ground bushing replacement

dconn22

OK, attempting to restore my original alternators. PO hacked the crap out of them and who knows if they even worked when I got the truck. I ordered rebuild kits but they do not include every thing i need. I have found and ordered the proper Batt terminal kit [1987808] but am having no luck finding the one for the isolated ground terminal [1987809], in particular the insulating bushing [what was in there is not usable], I don't mind using a regular screw [what was used in the one I have tore down for some reason]. Without harping on it too much there was a lot of things done wrong by whoever "worked" on this alternator last. As I have converted to 12 volt [only] I purchased a new [not original] alt for the right to get it going but would like to keep the original dual alts if at all possible. The links [at least the ones I found] either were broken or did not have the parts I need. I know someone, somewhere is making them as the new alt has all the terminals [isolated gnd, and tach/diagnostic] on it, now whether they are available [to me]...
Any/all suggestions appreciated. I have googled/searched looked at every alternator site I found for the last week with no luck.
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks