• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issue with motor swap

Braymond1

Ok so let me just say. I’ve exhausted every outlet I could find before asking this question. I just put a new crate 6.5 in my M998. Previous it had a 6.2 . However when plugging everything back in. It seems I can’t find where 458 C and 458 D go. I’ve googled,looked up wire diagrams,and gone through just about any manual I could find. I know 458 A and 458 B go into the thermostat senor. But it’s killin me. Cuz I have zero clue where the other 2 go. I have 2 other M998s and cant even find the C and D on them. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without looking, isn’t that the Tcase lock lamp wire harness…plugs in, in conjunction with 458A and B.
it uses the 24v to light the lamp…

Action

there are a 458a and 458b that connect to the temp sensor
in this image, #4 looks like a jumper with 2 458a; #5 is 458d; #3 is 458c

you can open a service TM and search it for "458c" and such

1644603176094.png

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is the T case lamp you will not have it on a M998 that had a 6.2L

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well that would be simple enough to figure out, does the truck have a TC lamp?? does it have a slip yoke on the rear output shaft?
Seems if it did he would have someplace to plug in the harness

Braymond1

Well that would be simple enough to figure out, does the truck have a TC lamp?? does it have a slip yoke on the rear output shaft?
Seems if it did he would have someplace to plug in the harness
No it does not have a TC lamp. The outer housing is there With a clear window. But nothing underneath. Just a little background on my M998. its a 1994 and yes I’m aware that normally 94s came with a 6.5L. For some reason mine did not. Now I do have a 1987 Humvee that was redone in Maine before I bought it. That does have a 6.5L in it. I tried to find 458C and 458D. But couldn’t find anything. However it does have some form of spliter off 458A and 458B. Of course the wires plugged into the splitter don’t have #tags on them. Again I do really appreciate everyone trying to help me figure this out. Cuz this particular Humvee is my favorite and the one I’ve done the most work to.

Braymond1

According to the TM, his 2 open wires are up by the alternator.
I have looked everywhere and see nothing not plugged in. i didn’t put this on first post. mainly cuz I thought my question was one of common sense that I was just overlooking. But the 2 plugs that need a home. One is male and one female.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No it does not have a TC lamp. The outer housing is there With a clear window. But nothing underneath. Just a little background on my M998. its a 1994 and yes I’m aware that normally 94s came with a 6.5L. For some reason mine did not. Now I do have a 1987 Humvee that was redone in Maine before I bought it. That does have a 6.5L in it. I tried to find 458C and 458D. But couldn’t find anything. However it does have some form of spliter off 458A and 458B. Of course the wires plugged into the splitter don’t have #tags on them. Again I do really appreciate everyone trying to help me figure this out. Cuz this particular Humvee is my favorite and the one I’ve done the most work to.
you just literally described a 242 tcase equipped truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks