• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

road_toad666

Oh yes- I also forgot to mention that the folks at the DMV, the competent, all-knowing people they are- had never even heard of an SF-97 before. I think they were more boggled because they didn't know what to do with it more than anything.

Either which way, the ad at the auction was misleading (actually downright deceptive) I paid a good honest week's paycheck for the truck fair and square, I am happy with the product, and it was some hoops, but I can finally put the old girl to work more than just around the yard.

I read online the reason they are busting people's chops about getting paperwork on government vehicles is that some clowns in Florida were buying brand new totals from the labs of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, and were cutting the rear off of frontal crash test cars, and welding them to the fronts of rear crash test cars, and then washing the paperwork and selling the cars as new.

All it takes is a couple idiots to ruin a good thing for everybody.

jbingvtx

That is a cool Dodge, but it isn't an M880 series. All the 880s are '76 and '77 models. That may have been military at one time, but it wasn't an M880 series truck.

road_toad666

That was the understanding that I had, as well- that the M880 was pretty much a mid-70s rig. M880 is just what the auction listed it as, it's military head to toe. The fire department painted it red (unfortunately, but at least they did a god job, no sags or anything) but under the hood, in the interior, and inside the tool box, even most of the undercarriage is that impossibly hard dark green color we all know so well. The little bits of operator's materials I found under the seats, in the glove box, etc. all refer to the truck as M880 series as well.

road_toad666

W200: that's exactly the color my truck is under the red paint. Still surprising to me they'd build it with a chrome bumper and silver grille, but that's the way it is.

I don't recall seeing any decals on the dash, but the dash was dissected when I got it, and there's evidence of civilian model infiltration on the interior (blue door pad on the passenger's side) so who knows? Crazily enough, this truck still has the owner's manual in the glove box.

There is an operators decal for the 4wd under the sun visor, and another decal under the good for the jack placement and operation.

GMVguy

EUCs from recent GovPlanet Auctions

Hello all. Checking for feedback on First-time EUC wait times from the recent GovPlanet auctions. I'm waiting for mine. 33 days, 12 hours, 8 minutes and 22 seconds...

GMVguy

Thanks. GP said they sent mine a month ago and I haven't heard back. I called to check and they said they can't find it.

greenjeepster

First time EUC takes a usually 3-4 months for approval if you get approved. One of the things with Ironplanet that I think GL did better was explain the process and warn of the long wait times. Ironplanet doesn't seem to really say anything about the process, just kinda lets you get surprised after you bid and buy. Which might explain the higher bids on some of this stuff from what we were paying on GL.

Once you are in the system future purchases are much faster.

Last edited:

greenjeepster

Turn around time for Govplanet EUC... (slow)

Not my first EUC, but my first with govplanet. I am 8 days in and usually have them back in about a week so I emailed. The status on my account hasn't been updated. Day 8 and they haven't even sent it to Battle Creek yet. They replied that it is in their EUC dept getting reviewed??? How long does it take to review a form that mostly has N/A down it and a signature at the bottom?

They said that total wait time for repeat EUCs is 3-4 weeks.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up two trucks, the EUC's cleared in three weeks. These are my first with GovPlanet, but I have had many with GL. Currently three weeks seems to be the norm.

Mac

greenjeepster

I just learned that you can forget about their Ironclad guarantee on EUC items. They do not extend it until the item is approved for pickup. It is from the date of sale even if you haven't retrieved the item due to the EUC process.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks