• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

springbok

Again, mine is just a toy so other than the UGH waiting another week to see if it comes in and working on being able to schedule the day off to go get it is frustrating.

HASSON1911

Mines a toy too just frustrating, nothing that hasn't already been covered throughly. fingers crossed next week, after that it'll be a headache(and probably for sale haha) with school.

jpz66

Interesting topic, as I sit here wondering when my EUC will get approved for the HMMWV I bought from a Ft. lewis auction a few weeks ago.....

I re-read several news stories about the 2300 armored (and armed) hmmwvs that were captured recently by ISIL.....how long did they have to wait for their EUC's and SF97's ? With apprx 2300 hmmwv's in their inventory, I seriously doubt they have any need for more.

My point being that this silly notion the GOV has about requiring EUC's on most of this outdated equipment needs to seriously be looked at. If one were to export one or more of these items, they would have to pass through a port, and Customs.... That is where you would catch the illegal sale and export. Requiring collectors here to bear this burden of paperwork is a typical waste of gov't resources and man-hours to process.

Sorry all...just a military veteran and retired former US Federal Agent's minor rant about the typical bs we have to go through that always tends to frustrate me...

Joe

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Interesting topic, as I sit here wondering when my EUC will get approved for the HMMWV I bought from a Ft. lewis auction a few weeks ago.....

I re-read several news stories about the 2300 armored (and armed) hmmwvs that were captured recently by ISIL.....how long did they have to wait for their EUC's and SF97's ? With apprx 2300 hmmwv's in their inventory, I seriously doubt they have any need for more.

My point being that this silly notion the GOV has about requiring EUC's on most of this outdated equipment needs to seriously be looked at. If one were to export one or more of these items, they would have to pass through a port, and Customs.... That is where you would catch the illegal sale and export. Requiring collectors here to bear this burden of paperwork is a typical waste of gov't resources and man-hours to process.

Sorry all...just a military veteran and retired former US Federal Agent's minor rant about the typical bs we have to go through that always tends to frustrate me...

Joe
Agree completely Joe! We have Never had an american citizen turned down either....

tage

SF-97's come in yet?

I spoke to GP about the SF97. Told it was printed, and should take another 2-3 weeks. Way more then the 4 week estimate when I requested it. Anyways I requested it the first day they were available. Has anyone have theirs come back yet?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been averaging 6-8 weeks to just get the SF-97 with no EUC. I touch base with the titling department weekly and they said they have 600 requests backlogged as of this past week. This bottleneck costs us, the buyers, money from late fees and etc when we file it for the title.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought two M35A2C's on 4 Feb 2015' the EUC's cleared the first week in March. I filed for SF-97 at that time, as of Friday, Aug 7 nothing. I have started calling weekly and am told the same BS that it is being processed and should be ready in several weeks.
I have been told the same thing since May.

jake-cutter

Do the sf97 come via mail or do they fed ex them out? I paid for mine the first week of June and also paid for a notarized bill of sale. Still waiting, but at least my EUC cleared.

86m1028

I've been averaging 6-8 weeks to just get the SF-97 with no EUC. I touch base with the titling department weekly and they said they have 600 requests backlogged as of this past week. This bottleneck costs us, the buyers, money from late fees and etc when we file it for the title.
Fuzzy
Ask to speak to the office manager @ the tax office.
gov sf-97's are exempt from the late penalty.

Long story short....
I had one that was over 4 YEARS OLD, transferred no problem, no late fees after I ask the office manager to call Austin.

Pm me a contact # for you please.
I'm looking for some stuff.

Gunzy

I am still waiting fo an SF97 on an M1031 I bought at the beginning of July. When I called last week I was told it may be 2 more weeks. Good thing I'm not in a hury and have some repairs to do before I can sell it.

ravensnest

I got back in town late last night after being gone for a few days and found a Fed-Ex pack on my desk that was delivered last Thursday the 7th of August. Ordered SF-97 on June 4th received August 7th. Nine Weeks. The Re-Assignment of SF-97 form from Iron Planet was dated June 26 and executed August 4th, The Certificate to Obtain Title from the US Government was executed July 6th. I do not think the issue is on the Governments side. It appears GP did not request the Title document until 22 days after request and payment on my end, the Government issued the title document 10 calendar days after request, not bad for good old Uncle Sam. The missing piece of the equation is how long did it take for GP to get the Certificate from the Government after July 6th. The strange thing is it was overnighted the day of my last call to GP. I still think they just need more help. Probably one or two folks in CA buried in paper while the owners are busy counting money.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
The SF97's are completely on us they are not the Government. We are behind. They send us the documents blank we fill them in here in Fort Worth, print reassignment, fed ex to BC they get signatures there and then get Fedex to CA to our titling dept for signatures. We are way behind, I'm sorry we are getting through them as quickly as we can.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just received notice of clearance for my second EUC. Sale was July 8 and received notice of clearance on August 7.
43 days for my first one which cleared July 28 and 29 days for the second one which cleared August 7. So it looks like I have 3 shelter tow dollies to pick up this Friday. :clinto:

springbok

Well today is (As GP Puts It) EUC Tuesday... We will see if mine gets approved. If not I think I have had enough and will see about a refund. I have other toys I can spend money on and NOT have to wait 3 + months to get...

Well looks like yet another week without the EUC, refunds are not an option so basically they have you by the short hairs...
This is a business model that is a total joke. Yes Yes Yes, we are dealing with the gov but that is starting to become more of an excuse than an answer...

Fix the situation. The more they sell the longer the wait will be. Eventually people will say f it..
They sure wanted my money fast though!!!
GL is laughing their back sides off seeing this cluster..

Last edited:

HASSON1911

Another week for me too, this is week 10 since euc submission, the wait wouldn't bother me but the salt in the wound is people with EUC from a weeks or months after mine getting cleared. I'm just sitting here now like. _20150811_143250.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks