• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

springbok

Well watching the bidding today they are way low even on the runners and a good deal going as not sold. I am sure people really do not one that is not running or is for parts and will have to wait 3 months to get it. Maybe this will send a message....

springbok

Jwade, many of the non runners are lucky to get one or two bids. A good deal getting no bids. The "good" runners are way low to normal also... Not going to get better with the EUC issues.. Like I said. Over 2K already sold, people are willing to pay more and not have to wait the months to go get it. Word gets around fast..

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Jwade, many of the non runners are lucky to get one or two bids. A good deal getting no bids. The "good" runners are way low to normal also... Not going to get better with the EUC issues.. Like I said. Over 2K already sold, people are willing to pay more and not have to wait the months to go get it. Word gets around fast..
I completely agree, more the motivation on why we are trying to get it fixed I promise... We saw the bump in price when we won our appeal for them to issue SF97 but what good is that if someone has to wait 10 weeks to get an EUC cleared and then the SF97 process won't start until that's done.

tage

Imho people who pay 10k+ for a non runner are well, more money then brain. With that said some locations bring higher prices. Runners and non runners alike. So a standard spreadsheet would need to take into account these variables.

springbok

If you have someone at battle creak why is it anytime we call CS that they say we have no contact with the people in BC so we are not able to see where your status stands ? ? ?
I hope that the drop in sales yesterday was a major wake up call that people are fed up. 10 weeks and growing just to get approved and 6 weeks and growing to get the SF97.
4 months from payment to delivery is crazy and who knows what may happen during that wait.

HASSON1911

That's the other thing to, I have my truck bought and paid for sitting on a base. 3 months later I pay 3k to bring it home. What if I find something damaged to it, accidents and theft happens. Sure "ironclad" will buy it back, will they also repay me my 3k+ shipping fee... I think not. Also then we're just back to week 8-10 where I wanted a return when the truck was still on base. Smh there should be a return option for those of us waiting this long.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
If you have someone at battle creak why is it anytime we call CS that they say we have no contact with the people in BC so we are not able to see where your status stands ? ? ?
I hope that the drop in sales yesterday was a major wake up call that people are fed up. 10 weeks and growing just to get approved and 6 weeks and growing to get the SF97.
4 months from payment to delivery is crazy and who knows what may happen during that wait.
You go ahead and try busting into the TSC office and demanding answers and see how far that gets you on people that literally have zero stake in this game... In my experience with Gov employees you piss them off good luck getting anything done! Our relationship with the DLA is great but the buck stops there.

springbok

Stop paying them their % until an EUC clears and see how fast things get done. Like I have said, when money is in pocket, there is no reason to get things done.
Tage, being the skeptic that I am, if I were in their situation I would sell the non runners, parts trucks, now when they know that they are not going to get top dollar for the "good" ones.
3 months ago you would have never seen a non runner got for $5k or even less. It is a business, they more they sell them for the more they make.
They can also say, hey prices were low due to the condition and avoid pointing the finger at the EUC process.
The week of only HUMVEEs was a marketing ploy also, then dumping 200 EUC requests at once, what did they expect if they already knew there was a short staff and the process times were long at just 60 a week.
I really think that if they are not able to resolve the EUC issue soon, prices will really fall (Good for buyers) and if they are being pressed to "clean out storage yards" yet 3 months later units are still sitting there, the gov will not eat their own.
I was also told that if you have done an EUC before it goes in the quick process pile and the new people go in the wait forever pile. That sure does not sound like a first come first serve process, and it only counts if you have done an EUC with GP not any other company..
Simple solution, hey Mr. Army man, we are not able to sell units and clear lots with the current EUC process. Find a solution and we can start selling them again. If not sale prices will drop and the yards still will not be cleared as people have to wait months..
OK enough, nothing will get better. Remember, they are GODS to have found a way to sell us HUMVEEs....

dk8019

8 weeks at TSC now. I've seen a number of approvals for later TSC submitted dates. I've been through the EUC process many times before. What gives?

springbok

98G, GP should have had a requirement for EUC processing times or the staffing in place before they agreed any contract. I would love to see what is really involved and the time it takes to approve an EUC. It is not rocket science.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Clearly they aren't processing them in the order received.
We truly have no idea how they are processing and we have had zero luck convincing them to do anything otherwise... Our DLA SCO team who is in our corner has had no luck either. We are working to put some type of deposit system in place...

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
98G, GP should have had a requirement for EUC processing times or the staffing in place before they agreed any contract. I would love to see what is really involved and the time it takes to approve an EUC. It is not rocket science.

"Should have", sure. There's all kinds of tweaks to the contract that you and I could make that would improve the situation.

This wasn't a negotiated contract. Essentially the government said "here's a contract to sell surplus vehicles. What's your highest bid?"

And GP outbid GL by a factor of two (I speculate that *someone* knew they'd be able to sell hmmwvs as hmmwvs instead if as scrap aluminum, but that's another conversation ).

The government has no incentive to provide good customer service. Their goal in all of this is to dispose of rolling stock. They don't care if it makes money or if it loses money for those involved. They don't care if every last person who buys ends up pissed off. They don't care how long the trucks sit. They feel no sense of urgency about clearing the lots. They don't care if your truck is stripped to the bare frame and the frame rusts away to nothing while you're waiting for the EUC.

To jwade's immense credit, he seems to actually understand customer service, and has actually been forthcoming with facts.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to see what is really involved and the time it takes to approve an EUC. It is not rocket science.[/QUOTE]

It's about what you'd think. Some Pogue types in your data into a few databases to see if it comes back flagged. When it doesn't, they stamp it approved and send it on its way. It's probably a 5minute process once yours is in front of the Pogue, unless of course s/he needs to go to lunch, or answer a text, or a myriad of other activities that Pogues prioritize over actually doing their jobs.

Based on your comments I'm willing to make the following guesses: you never served in the military, and you've never had an NFA item.

123mack

I purchased a M35a2 about two years before DLA contracted with GL. At that time it was by sealed bid and before they started dumping large numbers of 2.5 ton trucks. It was my first EUC and it took DLA 14 weeks to approve it. Future EUCs went quicker. Long initial waits are nothing new.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something I found on the GP web site that kind of shocked me:

Sales of DLA Disposition Services origin property for which EUCs have not been approved by TSC within 60 days of submission will be canceled by IronPlanet at our sole discretion without liquidated damages to the Buyer."

Things are looking a bit more fishy here...
http://www.govplanet.com/pop/terms_page.jsp?noh1=yes&kwtag=footer under terms and conditions.
One would hope that GP would not attempt to enforce that. Looks like that clause was placed there in order to cancel sales to people who can't pass an EUC.

I speculate that if GP were to attempt to enforce that clause and it were to be challenged in court, that it would be tossed out as an unreasonable contract.

Judge: " GP, you're telling me that you are unable to get EUCs in a timely manner, through no fault of the buyer, and as a result you want to cancel the sale after holding the buyer's $$$ for months to years, and resell the truck to someone else?" .

I just think that would end badly for GP. Either the judge would force GP to complete the sale, or nobody would ever buy again if the result is they hold your $15k for a year and then refuse to deliver your truck....

While the government has no incentive to provide good customer service, GP does have incentive....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks