• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

springbok

98G yes I was in the military. In my job though we actually cared about what we did and gave it 100% all the time every time. Obviously I did not have an office job.
Maybe, if they are not able to do the job of processing EUC just do away with it as a requirement. Really not sure what threat a 20 year old HUMVEE poses.
Much easier for me to buy a Barrett .50 than to get a HUMVEE. something is wrong with that but that is a different topic.

123mack

I had to do a EUC on a commercial Porter-Cable air compressor about five years ago. On another sale they wanted an EUC on a pair of Old Town canoes. Go figure.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
98G yes I was in the military. In my job though we actually cared about what we did and gave it 100% all the time every time. Obviously I did not have an office job.
Maybe, if they are not able to do the job of processing EUC just do away with it as a requirement. Really not sure what threat a 20 year old HUMVEE poses.
Much easier for me to buy a Barrett .50 than to get a HUMVEE. something is wrong with that but that is a different topic.
you never had to wait forever for PCS or TDY orders?

You're trying to make the EUC process make sense. It doesn't and it won't. The m939 series trucks don't require an euc, but the transmission by itself does.... the examples are endless. It's arbitrary and useless.

gerrykan

As many of the members here have:
1. Served in the U.S. Military
2. Worked for a Government Agency
3. Worked with a Gov't Agency
I'm amazed that you are surprised by the inefficiency of the Gov't.

In 25 years of Gov't employment I have learned that something that is going to happen in 6 months, usually means about 5 years.
I tell the young guys, that you got your raise, promotion, benefit, when you see it on your pay stub.
Equipment never arrives on the promised/contracted date, etc, etc, etc.

tage

I don't understand how it takes longer for the SF97 then the EUC.

The infrastructure is just not in place. It took me two weeks to schedule an appointment to pick up at Davis Monthan. That and the inspector aired up all the tires for the photos... Who does that?!

springbok

I guess that because I bought, got EUC approved and picked up my item from GL within the last 3 weeks I find it hard to place all the blame on the government. Just saying..
Yes, I know that military time is about the dame as DMV time. I guess being out of the military for over 20 years and in the business world, I forget as if I did not give 100% I would be sleeping under a bridge.
Ah well.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I don't understand how it takes longer for the SF97 then the EUC.

The infrastructure is just not in place. It took me two weeks to schedule an appointment to pick up at Davis Monthan. That and the inspector aired up all the tires for the photos... Who does that?!
The SF97 process can't start until after the EUC is complete. Yes we have some inefficiencies right now in that department I have started this week printing SF97's myself in between doing my normal job to try and help primarily due to what I see on here.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The SF97 process can't start until after the EUC is complete. Yes we have some inefficiencies right now in that department I have started this week printing SF97's myself in between doing my normal job to try and help primarily due to what I see on here.
Sounds like a job opening that needs to be filled.

I get it, busy season, huge demand, etc. But it's frustrating to know they were given my EUC on 7/2, and it was "submitted" nearly 3 weeks later on 7/21. So once my EUC clears, how many weeks until I get "submitted" for a SF97.

I knew it would be a wait going into this, I'm not terribly upset. But from a process management view, waits compound waits. And stacking more and more paperwork load without fixing the problem just seems reckless.

Last edited:

HASSON1911

I get it, busy season, huge demand, etc. But it's frustrating to know they were given my EUC on 7/2, and it was "submitted" nearly 3 weeks later on 7/21. So once my EUC clears, how many weeks until I get "submitted" for a SF97.

I knew it would be a wait going into this, I'm not terribly upset. But from a process management view, waits compound waits. And stacking more and more paperwork load without fixing the problem just seems reckless.
Could be worse could be waiting since 6/3 haha.

dk8019

Well, some good news. Mine showed up as approved at 8:41PM tonight. Someone must be burning the midnight oil. Jwade, if you had a hand in moving along, I'm very thankful. Need it to do some work over the Labor Day weekend, and it should arrive in time now.

HASSON1911

Well, some good news. Mine showed up as approved at 8:41PM tonight. Someone must be burning the midnight oil. Jwade, if you had a hand in moving along, I'm very thankful. Need it to do some work over the Labor Day weekend, and it should arrive in time now.
I don't know, I find it hard to believe someone in the govt working at 8 o clock even harder to believe in a Sunday haha maybe delay in computer?

Forgot the good karma: congrats on being released from the purgatory of euc good luck with recovery.

Last edited:

springbok

I am guessing that the whole "We get approved EUCs in on Tuesdays" is yet another way of saying shut up and just wait till next week. Or someone's processing of EUCs once they are completed is flawed, slow etc. I doubt that someone was working on a Sunday so one can only assume that it took from Friday at least, till Sunday night, for it to work it's way through the "Automated" system. Yet one more flaw in the whole system... UGH

dk8019

That a good question! I'm betting this isn't the most automated system in the world. Not 100% sure here, but I bet the approval process is a paper one, and that the forms are mailed back from Battlecreek to GP, and they are then manually processed at GP. If so, that could explain the processing time. If it is indeed a automated system, I can't imagine one that takes that long to move through the system unless it is awaiting human interaction to move from one phase to the next.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
That a good question! I'm betting this isn't the most automated system in the world. Not 100% sure here, but I bet the approval process is a paper one, and that the forms are mailed back from Battlecreek to GP, and they are then manually processed at GP. If so, that could explain the processing time. If it is indeed a automated system, I can't imagine one that takes that long to move through the system unless it is awaiting human interaction to move from one phase to the next.
That would be a negative as far as being sent back to us. They have access to that part of our system. They Being the TSC are the ones that actually put it through as approved. Matter of fact they don't even tell us when they do it.

dk8019

Jwade, interesting, perhaps there are some dedicated employees there at TSC working on Sunday!

Also, I can't seem to get a human at govplanet to return my call regarding the address for pickup and the schedule. I'll keep trying, and leaving messages.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Jwade, interesting, perhaps there are some dedicated employees there at TSC working on Sunday!

Also, I can't seem to get a human at govplanet to return my call regarding the address for pickup and the schedule. I'll keep trying, and leaving messages.
I sent you a PM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks