• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that was for first timers. May be some rocket scientist has decided to re-do every one with the new contractor.
Well don't forget you now have GovPlanet and GL submitting EUC's to battle creek and GovPlanet is still working the bugs out with the new contract . Also don't forget the government is generous with vacation time for employees and july/august are prime vacation months here in michigan .In the 6 years I been on SS I have seen guys brag about EUC's in a week and guys who waited over 9 months , so I think part of any business plan on reselling would take into consideration that getting things from government will be slow . Part of the reward is the risk involved.

Post #5 of this thread has DLA contact info from 2013 , not sure if it is still the same.
[h=1]Anyone with a less than squeaky clean background?[/h]

Last edited:

springbok

Earlier it was stated that GP and GL had different groups doing their EUCs. It is more of the GP setting expectations of 3-5 week turn around changing to 3-5 MONTH turn around.

springbok

All the support people do a great job. They are stuck in the middle. I am sure they are tired of having to tell people sorry not approved yet. It would be nice to get someone at the upper management to explain how they allowed things to come to this.
Thanks to all the guys that answer the phone, good news or bad.

springbok

So I was told that about 20 EUCs were approved this week. So if they are sending an average of 100 a week and getting 20 ish back and right now they are at about a 2 month turn around time, each week will add about another month to the waiting period.
Unless this gets resolved really soon people are going to be waiting a year to get their EUC. This is going south really fast. Almost comical that they did not have a better plan in place.

jake-cutter

I would contact my congressman and have them look into the EUC process since it is a government agency causing the problem. Speaking from experience with dealing with several of these, when there is a congressional inquiry/complaint the agency has a set time to respond back and it gets everyone's attention. It may make yours speed up or bring light to the problem from people higher up that can make a change.

Now for the SF97 and bill of sale, that's completely on GP and they need to work on that asap since they can make that correction.

tage

How is he greedy? Almost every type of business is a form of "flipping". You love spewing negative garbage
Selling a product you don't have on hand? I do love spewage, but I also don't deal with BS.

To keep on topic. I've been waiting on a SF97 since, well, they announced them...

Last edited:

jpz66

All I can say at this point is that this whole deal is a big pile of ------ . Continuing to operate in this manner should lead to a class action lawsuit. Having to wait for months, buyers will end up with huge maintenance problems once they actually get the vehicle the paid for long ago- nobody is keeping them in running condition once sold. Fuel will go bad, batteries will be useless, tires and seals will deteriorate, as will fabric / soft doors and tops. Mine is sitting out at Ft. Lewis and before long the rains will be coming. I purchased the vehicle in operating and running condition. At this rate of closure on paperwork I will wind up with an expensive pile of scrap. Yep, I think I will be having a chat with my attorney regarding the "contract".

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I can say at this point is that this whole deal is a big pile of ------ . Continuing to operate in this manner should lead to a class action lawsuit. Having to wait for months, buyers will end up with huge maintenance problems once they actually get the vehicle the paid for long ago- nobody is keeping them in running condition once sold. Fuel will go bad, batteries will be useless, tires and seals will deteriorate, as will fabric / soft doors and tops. Mine is sitting out at Ft. Lewis and before long the rains will be coming. I purchased the vehicle in operating and running condition. At this rate of closure on paperwork I will wind up with an expensive pile of scrap. Yep, I think I will be having a chat with my attorney regarding the "contract".
Hopefully your attorney is licensed to practice in the state of california as the terms you agreed to states that california apply and is where you will have to sue .
from GovPlanet terms ; 14. GOVERNING LAW. For users contracting with IronPlanet, Inc., these Site Usage Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of California

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
nobody is keeping them in running condition before the sale either.... in all seriousness, these trucks sit for months to years prior to being sold.

push hard enough and you just might get GP to decide you're more trouble than you're worth, and they'd refund your purchase price and sell the truck next auction for a similar sum.

springbok

The contract between GP and the gov is available online, was reading it last night. Part of the contract states that TSC would provide a decision within 45 days. As we can see that is not the case for many people.
In the GP facts doc it used to say if there was no decision within 45 days you could request a refund, that was updated a few weeks ago to 60 days.
At the current approval rate, by end of year the decision is going to be well over the 8 month period.
GP needs to either press the 45 day issue with the TSC or simply stop selling items that require EUCs until the issue is resolved. The TSC has already breached the contract.
If you watched the auction yesterday there were many of the non runners that went for a single bid and I watched at least 5 that did not even sell. Some did still bring top dollar, they were in very good condition.
As people that have already paid for their HV we are really stuck in a holding pattern and soon will be forced to decide, keeeeeeeeeeeeep waiting or give up and get a refund.
In any event GP is looking worse every week, they can blame it on TSC all they want but if you have ever studied or worked in any supply chain business you need a process in place, and modify it as needed, to get product to the buyer.
If not your business will fail, eventually the cool factor of owning an off road only HUMVEE will be outweighed by the months of waiting it takes to get it. Finger pointing never solved any problems..
Accept responsibility and fix things.
The angry list of people is only going to grow...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the government could just decide to stop selling them and go back to chopping them up and get rid of 300 at a time to 1 buyer rather than deal with a bunch of whinny buyers . With the EUC in place they could simply refund everybody that bought one there money and take them back and scrap them .

HASSON1911

Well the government could just decide to stop selling them and go back to chopping them up and get rid of 300 at a time to 1 buyer rather than deal with a bunch of whinny buyers . With the EUC in place they could simply refund everybody that bought one there money and take them back and scrap them .

Name one other place you go to buy a car for 10k-15k with the understanding you'll have it in 3-5weeks only to come to find out you'll have to wait 3-5months and there is no repercussions on the seller. Tell me you wouldn't be a little whiney. Especially when the circumstances you bought under where so you wouldn't have to deal with it during intensive school or to deal with an unknown diesel engine in winter. Had I known that I would have never bid. So yes I think I and any anyone else is permitted to be a little ornery.

Side note I think the govt would be just as slow selling 300 to one buyer.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Name one other place you go to buy a car for 10k-15k with the understanding you'll have it in 3-5weeks only to come to find out you'll have to wait 3-5months and there is no repercussions on the seller. Tell me you wouldn't be a little whiney. Especially when the circumstances you bought under where so you wouldn't have to deal with it during intensive school or to deal with an unknown diesel engine in winter. Had I known that I would have never bid. So yes I think I and any anyone else is permitted to be a little ornery.

Side note I think the govt would be just as slow selling 300 to one buyer.
You don't think eliminating 299 EUC's per event wouldn't speed things up ?
I can remember threads where EUC's took over 9 months back with the flood of deuces and then the hold for radiation in the gauges. You could spend 4 times as much and have tomorrow from a dealer, it's all part of dealing directly with the government through their contractor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks