• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

jwesley74

FYI for everyone: This is correspondence I just received from Battlecreek where they process EUC's:

All EUC's are handled through the IronPlanet rep here in our Building. IronPlanet has an office in Battle Creek on the first floor. The EUC's are taking quite some time as the office is a little behind on work, and IronPlanet is in the process of re-organizing their Titling personnel here in our building.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Yes we did reorganize our titling process but that really doesn't affect the EUC process... The personnel is still the same in Battle Creek. Anyways it does nobody any good to point fingers, we both have had our share of the blame. I am hiring right now to help with the workload it has been a bit overwhelming. It is not as simple as just pulling a trigger and its done overnight.

jwesley74

That was correspondence from DLA CIV DISPOSITION SERVICES. That's what I had gotten back when I inquired directly with the gentleman that handled a transaction for me previously. DLA DISPOSITION SERVICES is stating they're behind on work. I have an email out to the point of contact they referred me to. Any new information I get I'll post it. But I agree with Tobyflyin it doesn't make sense why it takes GP so long to submit EUC to DLA CIV DISPOSITION SERVICES. Here's a way for everyone to get some feedback to them: Have a comment or suggestion for us? Please click the link below. https://ice.disa.mil/index.cfm?fa=card&s=683&sp=128709&dep=*DoD

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
That was correspondence from DLA CIV DISPOSITION SERVICES. That's what I had gotten back when I inquired directly with the gentleman that handled a transaction for me previously. DLA DISPOSITION SERVICES is stating they're behind on work. I have an email out to the point of contact they referred me to. Any new information I get I'll post it. But I agree with Tobyflyin it doesn't make sense why it takes GP so long to submit EUC to DLA CIV DISPOSITION SERVICES. Here's a way for everyone to get some feedback to them: Have a comment or suggestion for us? Please click the link below. https://ice.disa.mil/index.cfm?fa=card&s=683&sp=128709&dep=*DoD

I agree as well thats why I am looking for a person to help us get the EUC to them in a more timely manner... I also have a temp starting next week to help with the data entry. I honestly think we are both a bit behind right now, The HMMWV sale didn't exactly help either.

jwesley74

I agree as well thats why I am looking for a person to help us get the EUC to them in a more timely manner... I also have a temp starting next week to help with the data entry. I honestly think we are both a bit behind right now, The HMMWV sale didn't exactly help either.
Yes I also read on DLA Disposition Website they've seen a 450% increase in revenue over previous commercial venture contract. I think DLA Dispositon Services should ramp up the staffing to push these thru since they're proud to announce they're getting bigger returns on the sales.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Yes I also read on DLA Disposition Website they've seen a 450% increase in revenue over previous commercial venture contract. I think DLA Dispositon Services should ramp up the staffing to push these thru since they're proud to announce they're getting bigger returns on the sales.
That would be correct. The revenue share program has been extremely good for them! Extra millions upon millions to Uncle Sam.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be correct. The revenue share program has been extremely good for them! Extra millions upon millions to Uncle Sam.
I could spend that in 2 days in ADA land...

Anyways, glad to hear things are picking up. DLA could hire more, but by the time they did the HMMWV sales would probably be over...

I've called GP for about 3 weeks now, to address a few things.

First, they don't show my truck as picked up, and it has been for weeks. I've told them this multiple times.
Second, I have an outstanding refund balance that I was supposed to receive a check for about 5-6 weeks ago. Every call goes the same, they'll "tell someone in finance right away and get a check in the mail."
And last, like most everyone, not a peep on my SF-97.

At least I have the truck to work on. And beer.

Tobflyin

Jwade-

I agree with others that you informing us and keeping us posted helps tremendously, so don't think your extra work is in vain. It IS appreciated.

The issue is, we EXPECT the government to take a long time, and you clearly have on govplanet website that "once submitted it is out of our control". But, when we purchase from a private company that gets a good chunk of the "Millions upon millions" you reference above, we expect the company to do its share in a timely manner. If GP is behind, then the verbiage needs to be added to the FAQ on your website saying "Once EUC submitted to us it will take up to XXX days to be then submitted to Trade Security at which point it is out of our control..."

At least then when we spend our money, we have been warned on both accounts, not just the excuse blaming the government (This literally was the excuse on the phone I got from GP yet the Gov hadn't received the paperwork from GP.)

If GP really was concerned, they would hold off on more sales until the staff is in place, or be VERY CLEAR to the public that they are behind in addition to the government being behind. Transparency is what we are after.

springbok

I think that the only real way to light a fire under someone's back side is to go with the $100 deposit and pay when your EUC clears. I believe from the way I read the contract, GP does not pay the gov until the vehicle is picked up. So say with the latest HV sale, what close to 3 million in sales. They hold that money for say 2 - 3 months. That is a pretty good deal of interest. Make them wait and see how fist things change.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Bought m998 ,Sale date 8/19,euc submitted 8/21,euc approved 10/2.First euc sale with gov planet,funny thing was I called today to check on it and the guy said it just cleared.he changed the status instantly online.I got a call from another govplanet rep and set up pick up for this Monday.Both guys today were great on the phone,They were a big help.I have a direct phone # for the man in charge of eucs.No waiting on the phone on hold.

Last edited:
I've called GP for about 3 weeks now, to address a few things.

First, they don't show my truck as picked up, and it has been for weeks. I've told them this multiple times.
Second, I have an outstanding refund balance that I was supposed to receive a check for about 5-6 weeks ago. Every call goes the same, they'll "tell someone in finance right away and get a check in the mail."
And last, like most everyone, not a peep on my SF-97.

At least I have the truck to work on. And beer.
Another week, truck is still listed as needing to be picked up, still haven't got my check, and still no SF 97.

jwesley74

I agree with everyone's frustration! However, I have been delighted with the customer assistance I've gotten from both GP and DLA on my EUC. I will say DLA told me today EUC approval is much faster if you have been approved within last 30 months on previous sale and you have been assigned a Federal #. The federal # saves them the investigation on you each time. I think both GP and DLA are hearing the frustration from "US" buyers and trying as fast as they can to make things smoother and faster. I think sooner than later they will get it to be a smooth operation. I think GP taking over the contract and at the same time HMMWV's going public has inundated there manpower with the paperwork. It was great with 5 tons, no EUC. You paid, you picked up. When you add the EUC, it's now a red tape nightmare. Perhaps they'll do away with the EUC on the HMMWV someday. IMO they already offered civilian model to public anyway. Now we're able to get the stripped, bare bones version of the same thing, so hopefully they'll realize they're only creating more work for themselves with the EUC requirement.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
ThunderSquirrel please PM the item number? I feel like I asked for it already... But I didn't see it in my PM's. I will try and get this taken care of.

jwesley74

Update on EUC... Battlecreek called me back on Monday 10/5/15 said they couldn't locate my file from previous EUC so no federal # assigned to me. That said he stated it would be 2-3 weeks for processing/investigation of my EUC for approval. He reiterated, once federal ID is assigned it's only days to get EUC approval on future purchases, not weeks. He said typically info stays in their system 30 months. My last EUC was 42 months ago. Bright side to all this, I know battlecreek has my current EUC and is in line for processing. Hope this info helps people. Good luck to all!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks