• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

military bob

Hi Jwade
I purchased a truck item# 648219 9/16 and sent in the EUC the same day . I called in the next week and customer service told me I had to resubmit due to the license was not clear enough so I resent it 9/24 and then my status was not updated to submitted to TSC until 11/11 I called customer service today and they could not give me any answers of when it would clear. I would appreciate it if you could check into it. I would like to get it picked up before Christmas. Thanks.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Hi Jwade
I purchased a truck item# 648219 9/16 and sent in the EUC the same day . I called in the next week and customer service told me I had to resubmit due to the license was not clear enough so I resent it 9/24 and then my status was not updated to submitted to TSC until 11/11 I called customer service today and they could not give me any answers of when it would clear. I would appreciate it if you could check into it. I would like to get it picked up before Christmas. Thanks.
I'll see what I can do. We are about to go live with an email specifically for EUC's that will clear up some of the jumbled mess that is created by them all going to a fax or the customer service email.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
"Taken advantage of"?? For Christ sakes are you kidding? 70 days and still waiting on a freakin' EUC to clear, who's getting taken where here?
yes TAKEN advantage of. I have non-euc items that have been bought and paid for 100+ days while buyers make all kinds of excuses not to pick them up whether they are waiting on a boat or whatever. So yes we do charge storage on things like that especially when we are contractually bound to get this stuff moved off site and end up putting it in storage ourselves. While I understand you probably didn't think of that it happens way more than you can imagine.

As far as the EUC I understand the frustrations. It is a painful, meticulous GOVERNMENT MANDATED process that lord knows I and many other people on both sides (the DLA as well) have tried to speed up to no avail. I don't think some of the things that go into the process make sense or the fact that everything has to be perfect on every single one and we can't be the ones to fix it. If someone misspells a name it comes back, if and address is fat fingered it kicks back, if the phone number doesn't match the invoice it comes back, if the printing is too light it comes back. It has to be a physical copy of the form it can't be electronic. It's a headache but it is in the name of national security. We can improve some things on our side and we know it. It's a process to get it right and figure out what works and what doesn't.

gsurles

Jwade,

Did you find out anything about the question I posted regarding Possible error in EUC change. Thanks for working with us here in a professional manner.

Thanks Greg

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Must be nice...... Auction date 9/23/15 EUC filed on 9/24/15 Finally changed status after I called them asking WTF is going on. Submitted to TSC, pending approval Fill EUC 11/17/15 Going on 90 days in 12/24/15 that I sent my EUC and everything they required. Very disappointed in they can not even provide me a contact to find out why an EUC that should take a month is not approved. Never had these issues with GL. If my HMMWV is stripped by the 120 days I get it, you guys better make good on your ironclad guarantee. The end will never be heard enough.

Last edited:

gsp45

Same boat. 79 days and waiting. Just got off the phone with Harold, says he will call and get back with me by end of day. Sure he will. That's the same Harold that told me I'd get approval on 24 Nov! More BS.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I'm in Battle creek, have been since Tuesday. I have a good track record of getting people taken care of as quickly as I can... Especially on things I have direct control over for example SF97s and titles sure we've had some hiccups but I hope there is quite a few on this site that can attest that when I have taken good care of them. The wait is not acceptable the procedures in place were letting things slip through the cracks I've made adjustments to ensure that won't happen anymore. We've had a lot of growing pains this year we are trying to improve. I've made improvements recently to fix the submission to TSC time period we dropped the ball there at times, I'm genuinely sorry. A significant part of this time frame is out of our hands and the TSC can only do per week what they can do. They have hundreds sitting up there, I saw them myself today in nice neat stacks and the guys and gals are diligently working through them as quickly as they can.

As far as the ironclad assurance we have and always will honor it and have paid many dollars out on it to a lot of members on this site. By the way it's highly likely that humvee has been sitting for a solid 120-300 days prior to us listing it and if it wasn't stripped then probably not getting stripped now.

Last edited:

military bob

Thanks Jwade
Im sure you are doing as much as possible to speed things up.
It just sucks to have to wait so long for a truck that i have always wanted and paid a good sum of money for.
DId you happen to check on my EUC to see when it might clear?

hmvdan

Hmv purchased 23 sept no word on euc.
Called gp told me still waiting.
I asked about a refund after too long waiting.
I was told you cannot get a refund.
This govplanet is looking like a scam.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmv purchased 23 sept no word on euc.
Called gp told me still waiting.
I asked about a refund after too long waiting.
I was told you cannot get a refund.
This govplanet is looking like a scam.
Seriously? have you actually READ anything on here? First time EUC can take a few months. It is NOT GP's responsibility to complete the EUC check, it is the Federal Government.

DWagg

Hang in there, I'm in the same boat, I bought mine at the same time. My HMMWV was my "bucket list" truck so I'm patiently waiting. Even though, after 90 days its starting to wear thin :eek:/

hmvdan

Bikeman if you can count, it has been a few months. From sept to DEC is 3. 35,000 is a lot of cash to me. Having nothing to show for it is worse. People should be told about the wait before purchase. I was told 3 weeks by gov planet.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bikeman if you can count, it has been a few months. From sept to DEC is 3. 35,000 is a lot of cash to me. Having nothing to show for it is worse. People should be told about the wait before purchase. I was told 3 weeks by gov planet.
This!

A 100 day wait is bad, but a 100 day wait when you're promising 2 weeks is unconscionable. *DON'T PROMISE what you can't deliver*

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I've been here awhile and have never heard one of our reps tell someone 3 weeks on an EUC. If you remember there name please PM me... Calling us a scam is a bit irresponsible... We do a lot of business we haven't been where we need to be on our execution. Once again go look at GLs original threads when they first won the contract you will see a lot of the same issues and we are selling humvees that they never could which multiplies the EUC submissions drastically.

ZZ4x4

With the recent negative experiences people are encountering at IP / GP I wanted to highlight a couple things from my recent HEMTT purchase on IP:

Yes the EUC took a while ( 6 wks compared to previous EUCs that cleared with GL in 10 days) . HOWEVER, during this time period items I purchased from GL also slowed to 6 weeks. Can't blame IP when GL is having the same issue.

The customer service people at IP went out of their way to be courteous. I called probably four times regarding the sale, EUC, SF97 and each time was given good updates and assurance that my stuff was being handled. The wait times were 0 mins to 5 mins max. No problem with customer service.

When I picked up the HEMTT in Ft Worth all tires were flat and batteries were dead. While I was disappointed since the ad said "runs and drives" and the photos showed full tires , the onsite load-out manager spent an hour with me filling the tires with his maintenance truck, jump starting, installing engine panels etc. Never got that kind of help with GL!

Just wanted to mention some of the good stuff that IP is doing. I have no affiliation with IP but sure seems like they are trying and improving based on comments from Jwade.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Its submitted which I thought I communicated other than that nothing I can do! Its in the TSC's hand.

I did't respond that I can find my apologies... Please understand I have around 250 PMs in my inbox and I am still doing a full time job. I do what I can when I can.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks