• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

hmvdan

Jwade
Thanks for the reply that this is not a scam.
A suggestion for you to post this link to this forum on your web site because like me, I'm sure a lot of people don't know how or where to get info on how the euc process works or the time it takes. I just ran across this while researching the euc's.
I do not get replies from emailing go and I do not have much time to call and wait 30 min on hold. Although I have noticed the wait times now are significantly shorter. Great job on that.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
We are working on putting a page up on the website with all the EUC info on it. My team and I wrote it recently and its in marketing's hands it has the typical time frame on it and also what exactly the EUC is and what a properly filled out form looks like! We have been working on the hold times and the email responses are a different story. Its the same people doing both and I feel that the calls not holding forever take precedence to the emails. So they get to them as they can.

DWagg

When did you buy yours hmvdan?
i bought mine in September! & still waiting....
Euc status has says pending approval since 12/04!
I'm starting to thing mine must have been lost or stuck to the bottom of the pile.
I've been very patient & polite but this is getting crazy. Govplanets fault or not, 3 months seems completely unacceptable to me. I sure wish with some pull could at least look for my EUC to see if it has been lost or what in the world is going on :(

hmvdan

Dwagg bought mine from Sept 23 auction. I was really starting to doubt the system too but it came thru this week. I feel surely yours should be soon too. Nobody really to call and check on that I could find so that is frustrating.
Good luck just have to wait now till after holidays I guess.

gsp45

I agree. I think there is more of a delay between IP/GP and TSC than we know. I would venture to conclude that when you see the EUC date modified change, that's when TSC receives it from IP/GP.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is like to see something happen where humvees don't require EUC's. The 6x6 trucks don't require them
Some 6x6 require them. Some generators and Trailers require them. It's part of the demil process. I don't foresee it getting changed anytime soon.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not run into this problem with Gov Liquidation in the last few years. My eucs were clearing in 10 days to two weeks. Sf 97 around 3 weeks. I had two SF 97 that I applied to GP for in Feb 2015 clear 7 months later after I contacted JWADE and the SF97 arrived 3 days later. Do you think they were in someones desk drawer or file? Gov Planet seems to be improving as I purchased two vehicles in mid August and the EUCs and the SF 97 cleared in late Oct.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no idea of what Jwade's motivation is for being on the site is but I do know he has been helpful in the past dealing with GP.

We do need to be careful about personal attacks aimed at fellow members. If we can't keep it civil, we'll have to close the thread.

Alwayssunnyinpowhatan, I understand your frustration but that's just the nature of surplus buying. It may not be all of GP's fault either. Once it goes to Battle Creek, it's out of GP's hands.

You also need to add your location (at least the state) to your profile, it's a site requirement.

Last edited:

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Just for the record I'm not going anywhere. I'll make my motivations very clear.
1. I enjoy the site and the hobby and will probably buy something in the next coming year. I have to go private sale due to my job. I can't bid on an auction on our site.
2. I think it is important for GP to have a voice on this site. Good, bad, or indifferent if I'm not here I can't tell how the customers feel. (You can call this PR if you want, because last time I checked that meant public relations)
3. I'm here to help where I can. I care about customers being happy. Unfortunately it's not possible to keep everyone that way but God knows I try.

Now with all that being said...I have already said on this thread that we have had issues with our timing getting things to TSC and I am and have been working on that process.(I have an interview this week to add another to that department). Also take into consideration that for ever 5 EUCs I get that are correct we get 5 that are a mess. That takes time to get corrected it's not as simple a process as it appears. Anyway that's neither here or there I hope you guys had a great Christmas and I am looking forward to interacting with you all in 2016!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is like to see something happen where humvees don't require EUC's. The 6x6 trucks don't require them
I have seen a canoe require an EUC. It all depends on how the "military" personnel fill out the paperwork for turn in. The auction houses have no say if one is required or not. Now getting it processed is another matter

turnkey

Just think about guys, you are buying from the USA GOV....things take time ...I know haveing work in the gov for 40 + years....But as always I wish to thank the Guys that can help out a fellow SS member when they can ....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK....

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Customer Service has been told to quote 8-12 weeks. I also have put in for the website to be updated. I am just waiting for it to be done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks