• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Customer Service has been told to quote 8-12 weeks. I also have put in for the website to be updated. I am just waiting for it to be done.
I appreciate you trying to help out. Past 90 days here, you guys have had my money and all required info the day after the auction 9/23/15, I can't get an answer from your team as to what the hold up is. As of today I was told TSC has been off for a week and a half and there will be no answer until after Jan 1rst. I'm guessing since you guys didn't update my EUC status until I called almost a month after the auction and saw no change in the EUC status, that's when your team submitted my EUC to TSC? So i can expect 4 months from the time I gave all the info and my money? Item 551119 Thanks, Robert.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JWADE could do what the GL reps that were on the site years ago did and just quit logging on to SS because of the whining.
At one point EUC's from GL were taking 6-12 months . Go back and search the GL threads .
Well I guess I'm spoiled then, I don't remember it taking this long and remember being able to talk directly with the TSC people about how soon it would be approved. Where's that uncorking a whine bottle icon?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I gotta hand it to Jwade, he took care of business and my EUC cleared yesterday. My hat's off to him for personally getting involved. I was hoping for a Christmas present but a New Years will certainly do. Thank you Jwade. Now if I can just figure out where to get the paperwork from for the carrier I'm going to use. There's no invoice or checkout available in my account. I'll call today and see what the deal is. Thanks again Jwade. Much appreciated. Robert

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
One of the few times we called up to TSC and he had been working on it and checked for us... It normally doesn't work out that way. But just for the record we always check it just usually doesn't have this outcome.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Years ago when I bought my first Deuce from GL it took 6 months for my EUC to clear.

In the meantime I bought four more. Had to pay for pick up all of them at the same time. Fun times.

I don't know why everyone is complaining. ;-)

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
EUC submitted on: 10/21/15
EUC marked filled on: 10/23/15
Called: 11/23ish - Status not updated, EUC not sent to BC due to month backlog, told to check next week
Last Updated: 12/4/15 - Sent to TSC
Called: 12/4/15 - confirmed EUC sent to BC, nothing else needed
Called: 1/5/16 - EUC still pending

This puts me at day 77 or week 12. I'm not new to the system but this is the longest EUC I've ever had. Having this much $$$ tied up in this truck for this long is making me reconsider such a purchase again. Having a friend already picked his up vehicle and seen mine with all flat tires (all were full in photos) this only makes me more concerned about time.

Last edited:

DWagg

^
my EUC was filed on 9/28/2015
was updated to pending approval on 12/04/2015

going on about day 100 or so. I know they are busy in battlecreek at this EUC office i guess it is? But I'm getting worried mine has been lost in the shuffle somewhere? Nervous daddy waiting on my baby HMMWV here :(

cq141

Hello all. Checking for feedback on First-time EUC wait times from the recent GovPlanet auctions. I'm waiting for mine. 33 days, 12 hours, 8 minutes and 22 seconds...
mine to 3 weeks I think its taking longer now due to there are more people buying them
seems to be an iron planet or govplanet pop up wherever you go on the internet now

DanM7890

Curious why it takes so long once it's filled out to be sent to BC. Why the long wait? I called 2 weeks ago and asked what was going on and they said "oh yea we need additional info" so I redid the form and sent it back. Still waiting for it to be sent to BC. Seems this may be part of the problem. I mean, these sites are making great money now that people are wanting them. Let's hire some more people.

Robus1022

Dan I am in the exact same boat. Being circumvented with technical jargon and no follow up when I have been periodically checking in and was assured they have all they need. Now I am 80 days in and being told to resubmit my euc. Nevermind the fact I was advised by GP to both electronically and physically mail a copy of the filled out forms accordingly. Have spoken with 5 'representatives' in 2 days and each one promised to call back and took my number. Still have not heard anything. Liz at GP told me it will be another 60 days once I resubmit my EUC. If you ask me, it is a deal breaker and I would not recommend future business with GP.

DWagg

I'm wondering if the guy who just paid $38k at todays auction for that 2004 Humvee that doesn't run is a first time buyer? Man, could you imagine paying over $40k, after the taxes & fees, all within in 3 days mind you...just to find out it'll take at least 3 months before its actually his? I sure hope not, man o man...poor feller.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm wondering if the guy who just paid $38k at todays auction for that 2004 Humvee that doesn't run is a first time buyer? Man, could you imagine paying over $40k, after the taxes & fees, all within in 3 days mind you...just to find out it'll take at least 3 months before its actually his? I sure hope not, man o man...poor feller.
Get into class 3 firearms. You'd be ecstatic with just a 3 month wait after you paid.

MAdams

I bought a M35A3 on 12/2/15, paid on 12/3/15 and picked up on 12/7/15 but I haven't received any paperwork or emails. Do I need to contact GP, or do they contact me 1st?

DanM7890

Holy crap! I was watching the prices, and was surprised on a couple of them! The way they have this set up with paying first and letting them hold the funds and make you wait, almost seems like it should collect interest!

Complete crap!

DWagg

^^^. I have thought the same thing about the intrest accruing. Even it's it's only 2% intrest, the ammout of money Govplanet gets before thier customers can actually receive thier "bought n paid for" items, which appears to be 3 to 5 months, could easily be in the millions. Which is great for their company but the thought of that is probably not setting well with customers. Unless things change, which I really hope it does, I think I'll pass on anything else that requires an EUC.

DanM7890

^^^. I have thought the same thing about the intrest accruing. Even it's it's only 2% intrest, the ammout of money Govplanet gets before thier customers can actually receive thier "bought n paid for" items, which appears to be 3 to 5 months, could easily be in the millions. Which is great for their company but the thought of that is probably not setting well with customers. Unless things change, which I really hope it does, I think I'll pass on anything else that requires an EUC.
After going through this process it's easier to get a passport then to get cleared for buying surplus.

Robus1022

Jwade I think I need your help. I have talk to devon, john, jason, elizabeth, and amanda. Each one told me a different story about the status of my EUC. Each one has stated they will look into it and call me back. I have never received a phone call back. I am 83 days in and Liz said 60 more days. Please chime in, it would be very appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks