• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

cruzinz28

April 28th @ 8:00 AM
- Sent EUC in on April 28th @ 8:00 AM

April 28th @ 2:31 PM
- Got Email from Gov Planet that my EUC looked great but I did not attach the copy of the drivers license

April 28th @ 3:05 PM
- Got Email from Gov Planet that my license picture was okay

April 29th @ 8:40 AM

- EUC Status says "EUC Sent"

May 5th @ 1:30 PM
- EUC Status says "Submitted to TSC, pending approval"

May 24th @ 1:30 PM
(Last Updated 5/3/16)

A couple Questions for Jwade:

1.) Is there a rhyme or reason why the "Last Updated" isn't updated on a weekly basis?
2.) Can you confirm that we are to ignore the storage charges listed online because they do not take effect till after your EUC
is cleared?

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
April 28th @ 8:00 AM
- Sent EUC in on April 28th @ 8:00 AM

April 28th @ 2:31 PM
- Got Email from Gov Planet that my EUC looked great but I did not attach the copy of the drivers license

April 28th @ 3:05 PM
- Got Email from Gov Planet that my license picture was okay

April 29th @ 8:40 AM

- EUC Status says "EUC Sent"

May 5th @ 1:30 PM

May 24th @ 1:30 PM
(Last Updated 5/3/16)

A couple Questions for Jwade:

1.) Is there a rhyme or reason why the "Last Updated" isn't updated on a weekly basis?
2.) Can you confirm that we are to ignore the storage charges listed online because they do not take effect till after your EUC
is cleared?

Last updated is last time it had some action taken with with it. There hasn't been any action to update. It will update when it is approved We can't go in and make an update on the close to 900 EUC still currently waiting approval every week.

Yes I can confirm you will not have storage charges applied while you wait for the EUC process. We also tend to be more lenient after approved as long as you are making a reasonable effort to get it moved.

cruzinz28

Jwade, as always I appreciate the fast response! Thanks for the explanation on the update question as well. As most are, I will set back and patiently await Uncle Sam to do their part.

Tornadogt

Well no luck for me, submitted on 2-5-16. I received a courtesy phone call today reminding me of some other upcoming auctions so I requested an EUC update. I did get a phone call back and was told the EUC was currently 55th in line and to expect 3-4 more weeks... How can these be processed in order that they are received?? If that is correct NO ONE has gotten anything they have purchased with EUCs since before early February? Now I know that is not true...

Fate3d

Well if this is true or not but some new guy here bought a euc vehicle after my auction in April and he got his approval 1 week ago. It was his first time euc. He paid alot more money for his and I feel this is how you get to the top of the list.. Did call them today but they did not tell me what place im inline like you were told.

EUC submit 4-21-16
EUC sent 4-29-16

Last edited:

florky

I'm going to need a new F5 key!
I was really excited when I won the bid........... that's worn off........ $9K tied up with nothing in my driveway to play with is getting me down

ExUSAF

Here is my latest post about the M998 1992..

Hello from Denver Colorado .. So Here in Denver I am trying to work through the headache after waiting 7 months and spending $10,5000. on the M998 plus %10 fee $1050.00 to GovPlanet and $50. transaction fee. puts that at $11,600. and State sales tax $336.40 and County tax at $127.60 and City sales tax $423.40 for the grand Total of $12,487.40 now add shipping from Hill AFB Utah $1075.00 so far spent $13,562.40.
So I went to the local DMV office (Arapahoe County) Denver suburb.
[FONT=&quot]I was told to get a VIN verification first after spending almost 2 hours in line and sitting at the window for 40 minutes as the officials where trying to get that bewildered look at the SF 97 form, not knowing the "M998 was a Hummer truck". I have the M998 sitting at a local garage that will change the fluids and check it out which will be more money spent, (btw I am not rich just maintenance mechanic that works making $25. dollars per hour, I have sold may Kaiser M715 that I have had for the last 20 years sold for $8,000. and had to save the rest..) Expensive so far it is .. I will have to go back to the DMV to get some temp plates and truck insurance tomorrow. I see here is the problem is that at the top of the "Certificate to Obtain Title to a Vehicle" it is stamped in RED letters as "OFF-ROAD USE ONLY" and that threw them for a loop.. The M998 is a 1993 Mfg. by AM General with 21000 miles and ex-USAF M998 truck. I plan to take photos of the M998 and get all the documents which are needed as I will list them in order. 1. SF97 which is a long number as it is a designated Certificate Number. and 2. is the Notary paper that was sent by GovPlanet to me with the SF97 by FedEx after 7 months of waiting to get the EUC from them (and I am ex USAF with a good DD-214) and living at the same address for 30 years here in Denver Colorado). 3. M998 insurance proof. 4. Photos of the M998. 5. VIN number verification from State Police or a private company for a greater fee as it costs $20. from the State of Colorado. So if you add up the years the M998 is 23 years old M998 and I think it's "Insane to have spent $13,562.40. so far on such and old vehicle" now it need's a doors and a top and paint job and other things so the reality is this is NOT going to be cheep ownership.. So long for now I will post and here is a email "geoexpl@yahoo.com" Al.. [/FONT]

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Well no luck for me, submitted on 2-5-16. I received a courtesy phone call today reminding me of some other upcoming auctions so I requested an EUC update. I did get a phone call back and was told the EUC was currently 55th in line and to expect 3-4 more weeks... How can these be processed in order that they are received?? If that is correct NO ONE has gotten anything they have purchased with EUCs since before early February? Now I know that is not true...
That is purely speculation on the order of which they were turned in and who we have been seeing on the list get approved. All we can do is speculate as we don't control that approval process.

dk8019

The TSC submittal date is key I think. If the EUC goes in correct the first time, with all the info, and goes to TSC right away, it moves along quickly. If there's any delays or anything not quite right, then it goes back to the bottom of the pile it looks like.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks