• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

Fate3d

This is the info found on the net.

ww.dla.mil/Portals/104/Documents/J5StrategicPlansPolicy/PublicIssuances/i1101.pdf

Just add a www. Not sure if its ok to post full link.

Joe

Mrs. Chief

Your quote "They operate on their own schedule, as suits them" is untrue in regards to the Trade Security Staff. Their workload is over 700 EUC's pending and they are processed first in first out.

Savpeter

Your quote "They operate on their own schedule, as suits them" is untrue in regards to the Trade Security Staff. Their workload is over 700 EUC's pending and they are processed first in first out.
How does that explain that I have been waiting since February for a pair of Hummvee's and I see that other first timers have had theirs approved while we are still pending. so FIFO does not really apply.

florky

So, just refreshed the EUC page and it changed to EUC approved.
Purchase date / EUC to GP 3/30
EUC to TSC 4/18
So right at 8 weeks

Just waiting on my release code to get processed.
Should I expect the release to be pretty quick, or is there additional processing time for that form?

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
EUC to TSC 4/18
So right at 8 weeks

Should I expect the release to be pretty quick, or is there additional processing time for that form?
it should be available pretty quick as long as the Hold Harmless has been turned in.

Tornadogt

EUC to TSC 4/18
So right at 8 weeks

I am not trying to poke the bear, but I think this is the biggest question that most of us are asking. How are EUC's submitted at these times (3/30) being looked at much less being approved before EUC's being submitted a month earlier? We keep being told first come first serve, but it does not appear to be that way? I could understand if some EUC approvals are held up because things come up during the back ground check and more time has to be spent on research. I could understand that, but some EUCs submitted in Feb. (including mine) had not even be looked at by TSC yet(from what I was told). I am sure there is something in the process we are just not understanding and are wanting answers to help ease our minds. Thank you again JWade for all the time you spend holding our hands and helping us through this process.

Savpeter

it should be available pretty quick as long as the Hold Harmless has been turned in.
So if he is 8 weeks into this and he is approved, we are 4 months into this and waiting, yet its first in and first out approval basis
and they have 700 EUC's to take care of at all times, how does that explain our situation?? And they want me to default and absorb
the penalty of $ 3750.00 for each unit even though they have been paid in full the day after the sale... and the EUC was filed on day of
payment. I am at a total loss for words, now I am asking you if you can help me recover our funds because waiting is no longer an option!!!

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Just because you aren't approved it doesn't mean you weren't looked at. There could be all kinds of reasons that they would take extra time. If you look at the link that that was posted they go through a lot if something looks a bit off they have to investigate further and sometimes send back to us. They also have several different categories that come into play. If yours is a HEMTT right now its on hold until we have official word what they are recalling it won't get approved. There are a lot of factors that we don't have access to.

Savpeter

Just because you aren't approved it doesn't mean you weren't looked at. There could be all kinds of reasons that they would take extra time. If you look at the link that that was posted they go through a lot if something looks a bit off they have to investigate further and sometimes send back to us. They also have several different categories that come into play. If yours is a HEMTT right now its on hold until we have official word what they are recalling it won't get approved. There are a lot of factors that we don't have access to.
Why don't they make 100% sure the assets they are selling are really for sale. I understand if they would say put a deposit and upon approval you will have 48 hrs to pay the remaining balance. But when its paid in full
and no one can make up their minds what to do and how to complicate things, its get to be frustrating. Its almost like we are subsidizing Govplanet/Ironplanet because they are choosing to sell assets that are out of their
control. If you do a public auction, then release the lots without a trillion conditions otherwise do a private sale to pre approved buyers whom have gone through the DND scrutiny. The only issue with the latter is that the bidders
will pay and expect very low costs and you won't be able to reach out to general public and their frenzy to purchase army surplus which drives the prices up. They are making both Govplanet and Ironplanet look like things are
out of control once you have paid, which in my eyes leads to credibility issues. Furthermore, the simple fact that no one supplies you with a progress report that you can share with the buyers as to the status of their application
has been the most irritating factor. No matter whom you have signed the contract with, let is be DND and whomever, there must be a trail. None of this wait and see "hamster wheel" answers. You are all intelligent people that
are picking up the pieces from decisions that were made out of excitement of signing a huge contract with DND and people not laying down a proper foundation. I will reiterate that the response your department is giving
unsuspecting buyers have been written by people who cannot be taken seriously. And the "I don't know factor" is getting old!

Tornadogt

That would be a reasonable explanation for my situation..... What I had understood is that my EUC had not been looked at by TSC and it was just waiting,in line,in order to be looked at. Not that it may/has been looked at but has not been approved yet. I completely understand that GovPlanet has no control over TSC and EUC approvals/holds. For me being told that my EUC was looked at (in proper order) but has not been approved or denied YET and could be cause by a variety of factors, makes me feel much better than thinking it was simply skipped over while others are approved... THANK YOU JWade.

Savpeter

That would be a reasonable explanation for my situation..... What I had understood is that my EUC had not been looked at by TSC and it was just waiting,in line,in order to be looked at. Not that it may/has been looked at but has not been approved yet. I completely understand that GovPlanet has no control over TSC and EUC approvals/holds. For me being told that my EUC was looked at (in proper order) but has not been approved or denied YET and could be cause by a variety of factors, makes me feel much better than thinking it was simply skipped over while others are approved... THANK YOU JWade.
You have a point, sometimes they say things that makes us feel better as they have to improvise a bit to keep us calm. Its like an egg farmer who keeps raising roosters, someone at some point in time has to tell him
what he is doing wrong.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Savpeter, have you worked for the government?!

The HEMMT thing was a change, they had HEMMTs for sale, sold some, EUCs complete and delivered, and then a few weeks ago the DoD awarded a rebuild contract and suddenly stopped sales of the HEMMTs. including the ones in-process that money has already been sent for. GP has zero capability to predict that. In some cases, this may actually SAVE the buyer money as they haven't paid thousands to have them shipped somewhere, only to possibly have the gov't come and pick them back up. That's a loss that can't be recouped.

And here's the real deal. If you don't want to wait for your HMMWVs, like many others have, tell GP. within the terms of the contract that you are a party to by purchasing through their site, there's a method for this.

So, either understand it, or don't. JWade is under no obligation to be here, this is not part of his job description or statement of work. He has been an asset to members here who are civilly requesting, providing, and understanding the information here. We're lucky that he has stuck around given some of the grief he has been given. It would be perfectly within his rights and ability to simply delete his account and tell us to buzz off.

Savpeter

I have been asking them to get refunded but they say i have to default and pay a $3750.00 per unit default fee. That is my hang up with them. How can you default if you have done nothing wrong, been very patient up till now but tired of being in cue and being fed repetitive answers. Now JWade said he was going to help but even though he means well i doubt much can be done as from reading on other blogs there are people worst off than us, and i am at 4 months. So yes i am hopefull but very doubtfull. I would gladely get out of these humvees but am not willing to be penalized at such a rate.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those of you who have not been on Steel Soldiers for very long do not remember the "Good Ole Days" when GL had the rolling stock contract from the government.

Now here's the beauty of the American free enterprise system. GovPlanet went after the contract by saying that they can do a better job and for less money than what GL was taking and bingo, GP got the contract.

If anyone at anytime thinks they can do a better job than GP they are free to go after the contract themselves. Although I have not purchased a single thing from GP since the change my gut feeling is that they are doing a much better jobs as I don't see near the complaints we once had with GL.

Don't like the bureaucratic BS that goes with virtually anything to do with our government then you might not want to bid on anything that they own. It's still theirs and their rules, get used to it or accept the fact that you are going to be very unhappy a lot.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been asking them to get refunded but they say i have to default and pay a $3750.00 per unit default fee. That is my hang up with them. How can you default if you have done nothing wrong, been very patient up till now but tired of being in cue and being fed repetitive answers. Now JWade said he was going to help but even though he means well i doubt much can be done as from reading on other blogs there are people worst off than us, and i am at 4 months. So yes i am hopefull but very doubtfull. I would gladely get out of these humvees but am not willing to be penalized at such a rate.
So you don't think GP should have their costs covered because you want to break your contract ? They have costs involved in dealing with the sale and paperwork to the government ( which is where the delays are ) and every time you call complaining increases their costs as you are further delaying them from doing their job , and it is all spelled out in the contract ( if you would read the entire thing). It looks like this is your 1st time buying a EUC controlled item , and you were counting on a quick flip so you can make your profit . It also looks like you joined SS just to complain about GP ,as if you would have read this thread before you bought from GP you would have known about the delays. Since you say someone else is the name on the EUC maybe they should be the one dealing with GP and posting here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks