• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

Tornadogt

Six months and counting.
Back in May I posted the below. Jwade reached out, which I very much appreciated, and informed me that this truck needed a radiological survey before they would even start on the EUC and said survey hadn't even begun to be scheduled! He added that due to the delay and lack of progress I could contact Kyle in customer service for a refund.
Well, I started phoning and Kyle is always gone or in a meeting and emailing customer service but still haven't received any response.
A couple PMs to Jwade since haven't gotten any response either.
I get it that these guys are really busy and one truck (or dollar value of one truck, or customer) either way doesn't matter much for them but I was really hoping that if I just waited one more week I could offer up a relieved review that it all came out fine in the end.

Good luck out there and buyer beware.

It is so strange on how some things get flagged... Do you know how many M109a3's left from those sales/lot, and are in the hands of there new owners months ago? There were over 25 when they were sold and last time I was there only 4 or 5 were still on the lot (including yours). Yes, years back most of the M35A2s and there sub-models were tagged for "radiological survey" before they were let out. I haven't heard of that being done again in 5-6 years or longer. Maybe yours was tagged back then and it was still in on the books for it to be checked? I am not saying it is GovPlanets fault that DOD tagged that specific truck for a "Radioligical Survey" but it sure seems to take a long time for things to get settled and worked out.

How about this one, So a few weeks ago all the HEMTT's were pulled from all auctions, ones that have been sold (payed for) but not released are being held, and possible previous sold ones maybe taken back by DOD. (nothing is known about the outcome on these trucks yet)

BUT

The cover photo for the next GovPlanet auction is 2 beautiful HEMTTs. (a bit discouraging and frustrating for those of us who have paid for ours and not seen them for almost 5 months)
Come on GovPlanet.......

NV555

<-----------First Post!

At Yermo today. Wow it was hot but a lot of fun. The lot guy said still 2-3 months for the first time EUC. Prior EUC on file a lot faster.

Really nice folks there, felt most welcome! I have a EUC pending Battle Creek from GL. I picked up some MRAP parts (well paid for at least) from NAFB which required a EUC. A lot of hoops to get on base to pick up to say the least. I won a few items that are non EUC and it is a 5 to 6 days for a background check. I guess if you can get through the main gate you can discuss a pick up?

Glad to be here I have learned a lot over the last few months.

Thanks

Tim

teletech

EUC wait times I get not having control over but I feel that it's a bit disingenuous to be taking someone's money for something you can't even predict when you would be able to actually release to buyer. If you know it's going to sell, if I were a vendor I'd get a release so I could actually sell it before I listed it or I wouldn't be sleeping at night.

It is so strange on how some things get flagged... Do you know how many M109a3's left from those sales/lot, and are in the hands of there new owners months ago? There were over 25 when they were sold and last time I was there only 4 or 5 were still on the lot (including yours). Yes, years back most of the M35A2s and there sub-models were tagged for "radiological survey" before they were let out. I haven't heard of that being done again in 5-6 years or longer. Maybe yours was tagged back then and it was still in on the books for it to be checked? I am not saying it is GovPlanets fault that DOD tagged that specific truck for a "Radioligical Survey" but it sure seems to take a long time for things to get settled and worked out.

How about this one, So a few weeks ago all the HEMTT's were pulled from all auctions, ones that have been sold (payed for) but not released are being held, and possible previous sold ones maybe taken back by DOD. (nothing is known about the outcome on these trucks yet)

BUT

The cover photo for the next GovPlanet auction is 2 beautiful HEMTTs. (a bit discouraging and frustrating for those of us who have paid for ours and not seen them for almost 5 months)
Come on GovPlanet.......

cruzinz28

I'm sure when Jwade gets a chance to catch up on this thread he may ask who you talked to at GP to get this "2-Week" lead time on your approval and that it is purely speculation. If this process is truly out of GP's hands, then they should not have a clue as to when your EUC should be cleared. BUT, that answer sure did make you feel better didn't it???

86m1028

The title of this thread needs to be changed from recent to last years purchases ....

watched a couple end today, nothing near me or in great shape but then again I wasn't shopping for a Christmas present either.

Last edited:

drivebymashing

I bought a trailer for my graduation present. I should of bought it when i started my 2 year degree. That way I wouldnt be waiting now that I have free time to enjoy it....

74M35A2

It really is a mickey mouse way of doing business, but that's what we got. I guess you can compare getting your euc clearance to death---you know its coming you just don't know when! Some get it quick and easy--other will suffer slow and painful-- and some will give up and just pull the plug!
I think only people that live close to Disney Mickey Mouse things. Ha! Open mouth, insert foot.

Elideclan2

Got an email today from gov planet. Demil code changed on Hemtt. They are refunding money to people who are currently waiting for approval. I called a contact at gove planet about trucks in private hands already. He said that an email will be forth coming "requesting " return of hemtts. I have not yet seen this email.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks