• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Thank you for what you do Jwade. I by no means blame you for this. I think its great to have someone on the "inside" I feel so helpless without knowing someone that works for them. I still have no idea when my sf97 will be in last i heard they filled it out incorrectly. They gave me a 50 dollar refund 1.5 weeks ago. I havent seen it yet either... Tomorrow is 9 weeks.
Your on my radar I am checking for yours everyday waiting for them to return from the DLA with a few others that I sent as priority. We get in a pattern with them where things flow rather quickly then vacations/teleworking from home shake things up. We are close to getting them. I am directly involved with them.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Jwade - I didn't mean to offend you with my question, and if it did I apologize.

I answer the phone here at my office, and have in many cases, had to explain to a customer why our Technician is not at there to attend to their service call yet. I can explain to them that he has about 30 minutes travel time from where he is at but I can't control traffic. In a way, this parallels you description to us about the wait times. The only part that frustrates those that are waiting, is those that are getting EUC's approved faster, even though they purchased just a week ago compared to us that have been waiting for two months or more.

Again, thanks for not deleting your membership here and letting us out to dry here on Steel Soldiers.
I wasn't offended at all, I get frustrated for you guys, if I was in your shoes I would not be happy either. Especially when it makes no sense and there doesn't seem to be a logical explanation.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got off the phone with GP customer service regarding my EUCs for two trucks purchased March 2nd. GP customer service tells me that although the EUCs were filled out correctly they have not yet been submitted to TSC. RAD survey must be completed first. Only then will the EUCs start the process.

They were unable to even give me a guess as to when this might be accomplished. I tried to pin them down to a "less -than-two-year" time frame and they were unable to commit to that. I was unable to get them to even commit that the RAD survey would certainly be done.

I requested a refund.

It's not that it takes forever. It's that the time frames quoted don't match the time frames delivered. The trucks that require a RAD survey should include in the description "this item requires a RAD survey which will considerably lengthen the wait times well beyond our service level agreement."

I won't buy anything with an EUC again.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I just got off the phone with GP customer service regarding my EUCs for two trucks purchased March 2nd. GP customer service tells me that although the EUCs were filled out correctly they have not yet been submitted to TSC. RAD survey must be completed first. Only then will the EUCs start the process.

They were unable to even give me a guess as to when this might be accomplished. I tried to pin them down to a "less -than-two-year" time frame and they were unable to commit to that. I was unable to get them to even commit that the RAD survey would certainly be done.

I requested a refund.

It's not that it takes forever. It's that the time frames quoted don't match the time frames delivered. The trucks that require a RAD survey should include in the description "this item requires a RAD survey which will considerably lengthen the wait times well beyond our service level agreement."

I won't buy anything with an EUC again.
Technically we are not even supposed to get items that do not have the RAD Cert on file from the DLA on a Delivery Order. I would avoid Demil code F

infidel got me

Hey J.WADE hope you had a good vacay, and am glad your back with us. My guestion is that my euc says submitted to tsc,pending approval---but in blue writing, next to that, it says fill euc. Is this ok or is there another step I have to do? Thanks again for hanging in there and helping us out. WILL

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Hey J.WADE hope you had a good vacay, and am glad your back with us. My guestion is that my euc says submitted to tsc,pending approval---but in blue writing, next to that, it says fill euc. Is this ok or is there another step I have to do? Thanks again for hanging in there and helping us out. WILL
You should be fine PM me the item number i'll double check. Sorry if you have sent me the item number before I have to empty my box regularly

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called the folks at DLA just to ask if my EUC was in the que. Nothing more. First person was very nice and set up a trouble ticket. I got her email, then a 2nd email from the person assigned to the ticket.
She told me to check with GL and that was all they would say. I emailed back and tried to explain again that I purchased through GP/Iron Planet not GL and all i wanted to know is am I in the que?
Got the same reply -check with GL another email back.
Got another reply "I stand corrected- contact GP"
I replied again , can just confirm if you have it? Reply- "You still need to wait."
Next email I got is since you keep asking the same thing over and over, I am escalating to a supervisor and she replied "I sent your request forward, not sure if they will respond or not. The process, is to wait it out."

Next I got a nice phone call from someone in 619 Kalifornia who left a voice mail that I can contact GP for further info and the process is to "wait"

So clearly with what 200-300 being sold each week and someone had posted only 3 people do this, they are hopeless back logged and they know it. I suspect they have been told not to waste any time checking status on phone and email queries. I am beginning to think this is going to take months more. My purchase was June 1.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So when waiting for a EUC you cant pickup what you paid for correct? At least waiting for the sf97 I guess I get to look at it.
You are correct the sale dosen't take place until you are approved by the government to buy it , these are the governments rules not GP . GL is and always has had to follow the same rules with EUC's . In 2010-11 some EUC's were taking close to a year to get approved or denied . It is all part of buying direct from the government.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Is there ANY way to get an update from TSC? Where we are in the Que, a holdup, etc?
The hold up is simple. There is only 3 of them with a back log that is hundreds deep. The more people that call them and inquire the less they approve as they have to stop what they are doing to answer.

aleigh

The hold up is simple. There is only 3 of them with a back log that is hundreds deep. The more people that call them and inquire the less they approve as they have to stop what they are doing to answer.
Having dealt with these kind of issues before in the commercial space, IMO, would help their cause if more status was communicated automatically to the people waiting on the EUCs... since the military is unlikely to solve the problem, it occurs to me that if the GP/IP system knows how many people went out for EUC, and it also knows how many people got cleared for an EUC - I mean you must have that data right - then the GP/IP website could surface the relative position of any given EUC approximately. Just take the number outstanding and sort by date. For bonus points you also could give a little info about how many cleared last week - no need to forecast even just provide an actual - so people could see oh I am #67 of 197 and last week they cleared 12.

You could also go back and calculate the rolling average time over 6 or 12 months... I think the majority of buyers are willing to wait, and mostly we are reasonable people who can understand the military does this on the side and they are understaffed for it, but, people are people and it's the silence that is maddening.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks