• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Just a heads up my silence is simply because I don't have any news for you other than we approved what they sent us this week. I promise I am monitoring the thread and doing what I can to help behind the scenes for those that have asked. Sometimes not much I can do as much as I try.

WannaBeHumvee

Just a heads up my silence is simply because I don't have any news for you other than we approved what they sent us this week. I promise I am monitoring the thread and doing what I can to help behind the scenes for those that have asked. Sometimes not much I can do as much as I try.
Do they typically process the EUC's in the order they receive them?
Was curious how some get approved before others even though submitted earlier.

Aviator85

Hey everyone! Pretty new to the forum but I'm one of those who is also waiting for the EUC approval.

Item: 730432
Submitted to tsc: 6/16

I'm kinda starting to think I shouldn't even start checking the site til about week 15. One thing I thought would help me get approved faster was the fact that I hold a secret security clearance with the gov't. But that doesn't seem to matter. So anyone who is wondering or is in the same boat. A security clearance isn't going to help. :p

I've pretty much assumed that the (3) people at TSC have mountains of paperwork to go through but once they finally get to your paper it doesn't take to terribly long to go through the flow chart. That thing is ridiculous btw.

Sparo2

Thanks Jwade. We appreciate you keeping us updated. It's just frustration gets the best of us sometimes. But we definitely appreciate you. 👍

infidel got me

The thing that I don't understand is why are only three people doing euc's. This is not a problem that happened on Tuesday and was resolved on Monday. It has been well over a year since this has been a problem, and it's not like it's getting better or going away. I'm not trying to be a smart a@@ If a department is understaffed why not hire a few more people to take up the slack.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thing that I don't understand is why are only three people doing euc's. This is not a problem that happened on Tuesday and was resolved on Monday. It has been well over a year since this has been a problem, and it's not like it's getting better or going away. I'm not trying to be a smart a@@ If a department is understaffed why not hire a few more people to take up the slack.
I can answer this one... but you're not going to like it.

The DoD overall, is looking at downsizing, uniformed and civilian alike. I'm willing to bet the three are GS employees (possibly Wage Grade, but i doubt it). To get a position added, or even adjusted can take 6 months to 2 years. My hiring process, which occurred last year, took 5 months and a couple weeks to go from interview, through a basic background check, conditional and final job offers, to actually starting employment. the average hiring time for Ft. Bragg can be ~6 months, average, which means there are jobs that take MORE than six months. I had a job I applied for, that I didn't receive notification of "Advancement" for over 4 months after I applied for the job. So, you tack 6 months onto 4 months... 10 months. In this case, the job was OCONUS, which could take an additional month or two to get set in. With all of this, we have received notice that we should be prepared to lose any positions that do not have a warm body in them.

So, what's this net out? There simply may not be a possibility of adding a 4th or 5th person to the EUC processing office. And if one of those 3 decide to take another job... you're probably going to be looking at a 8 month gap before a replacement will start.

Sparo2

I can answer this one... but you're not going to like it.

The DoD overall, is looking at downsizing, uniformed and civilian alike. I'm willing to bet the three are GS employees (possibly Wage Grade, but i doubt it). To get a position added, or even adjusted can take 6 months to 2 years. My hiring process, which occurred last year, took 5 months and a couple weeks to go from interview, through a basic background check, conditional and final job offers, to actually starting employment. the average hiring time for Ft. Bragg can be ~6 months, average, which means there are jobs that take MORE than six months. I had a job I applied for, that I didn't receive notification of "Advancement" for over 4 months after I applied for the job. So, you tack 6 months onto 4 months... 10 months. In this case, the job was OCONUS, which could take an additional month or two to get set in. With all of this, we have received notice that we should be prepared to lose any positions that do not have a warm body in them.

So, what's this net out? There simply may not be a possibility of adding a 4th or 5th person to the EUC processing office. And if one of those 3 decide to take another job... you're probably going to be looking at a 8 month gap before a replacement will start.
Let's hope that the current staff doesn't decide to quit on us. I can assure you that if the process get any longer there will be at least a few people bringing legal action to try and get their money back. It's ridiculous though. Having to wait so many months for something that you paid for already is completely ridiculous.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's hope that the current staff doesn't decide to quit on us. I can assure you that if the process get any longer there will be at least a few people bringing legal action to try and get their money back. It's ridiculous though. Having to wait so many months for something that you paid for already is completely ridiculous.
They move at the speed of government.

Sparo2

Hey everyone! Pretty new to the forum but I'm one of those who is also waiting for the EUC approval.

Item: 730432
Submitted to tsc: 6/16

I'm kinda starting to think I shouldn't even start checking the site til about week 15. One thing I thought would help me get approved faster was the fact that I hold a secret security clearance with the gov't. But that doesn't seem to matter. So anyone who is wondering or is in the same boat. A security clearance isn't going to help. :p

I've pretty much assumed that the (3) people at TSC have mountains of paperwork to go through but once they finally get to your paper it doesn't take to terribly long to go through the flow chart. That thing is ridiculous btw.
I just read this post. Please tell me you're joking man. Please tell me there is not just three people at TSC working on these EUC's. Because if that is true then whoever came up with this 8 to 1 because if that is true then whoever came up with this 8 to 12 week waiting period does not know what the heck they are doing.

Just think about it. The government said they were going to start auctioning off 4000 HMMWVs of which each one requires an EUC, not to mention any of the other vehicles that require EUC clearance. Now with that said, let's say that every week there is 50 to 100 new EUCs. Can you imagine how many EUCs there will be left to process after six months of auctions. There is just no way that three people will be able to handle this workload. For every single EUC that they process there is probably another 10 to 15 coming in.

So like I said, I hope there is not only three people processing at TSC

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just read this post. Please tell me you're joking man. Please tell me there is not just three people at TSC working on these EUC's. Because if that is true then whoever came up with this 8 to 1 because if that is true then whoever came up with this 8 to 12 week waiting period does not know what the heck they are doing.

Just think about it. The government said they were going to start auctioning off 4000 HMMWVs of which each one requires an EUC, not to mention any of the other vehicles that require EUC clearance. Now with that said, let's say that every week there is 50 to 100 new EUCs. Can you imagine how many EUCs there will be left to process after six months of auctions. There is just no way that three people will be able to handle this workload. For every single EUC that they process there is probably another 10 to 15 coming in.

So like I said, I hope there is not only three people processing at TSC
Don't forget all the lots of parts that require EUC sold each week by GL also are handled by this same office.

Sparo2

You got it-- THREE
That's some serious BS right there. All to try and save a buck...yet it's still a waste of money. Why do they even bother with these EUC. Once the original owner has it he can sell it to whoever the **** he wants...right? So where is the security there?

Honestly, if I would have known that there was only three people at TSC processing these EUC's I would not have made the purchase through the auction. Instead I would've just purchased one from someone who has already gone through the process.

Bucho

That's some serious BS right there. All to try and save a buck...yet it's still a waste of money. Why do they even bother with these EUC. Once the original owner has it he can sell it to whoever the **** he wants...right? So where is the security there?

Honestly, if I would have known that there was only three people at TSC processing these EUC's I would not have made the purchase through the auction. Instead I would've just purchased one from someone who has already gone through the process.
That's where guys like me who already went through and aren't attached to anything, make a killing.
Sorry, couldn't resist.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks