• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

WannaBeHumvee

image.jpgimage.jpg

No, I build ramps for both sides ahead of time and already had them screwed to the trailer wood. I bought rough cut lumber from a local saw mill for $60, then chain sawed angles on them. They are 3 short 2x4's between the sandwich to give a wider path. Then screwed blocks down along the sides to keep the bottom from kicking out. And screwed some boards across the top. Worked like a charm. Put the ole gal in Low reverse and backed it right on. The wooden ramps didn't even have to be tied down since they were screwed down.
The nice gentleman that was at the location for pick up mention that someone recently just drove over the fenders of a brand new trailer and smashed them down to the trailer wheels. Ouch.
i have a short video if you want to see me loading. Is this a good forum to post on or should I pick another topic thread?

WannaBeHumvee

Wannabehumvee, congrats man. I'm so jealous right now. Well enjoy man. I'm sure the HMMWV was worth the wait.
Thanks. It was definitely worth the wait. I'm home now after an 18 hour turn around trip. Unloaded, took it for a little spin and ready to hit some back roads in the morning.

88dow

Apologies if this is formatted wrong or completely incorrect in some way. This is my first post.

Jwade, is there any way of knowing how many EUC's come back per day? Is it something like 8-10 per day, 2-300 per day or what? Like most others, I'm not here with torch and pitchfork, but I am generally curious about the process.

I also have one more question. How likely is it that my humvee will be in the condition that it was three and a half months previous? I've heard tales of doors being swiped and those types of things. I bought a (hopefully) particularly clean truck. (Item# 723869) 3/4 of the doors' paint schemes match the truck exactly. I don't specifically care about that as much as: "If the doors wandered off, what else happened to it?" The windows in the soft doors were all still closeable though, and I'd be bummed to get there to find the doors in the auction left with someone else and I got a bunch that need to be resewn on my dime. How diligent are they in Barstow about making sure I in fact: "Get what I paid for." I've been picking over every last pixel in the 34 photos with a microscope for three months now...

Last edited:

Flobossx

View attachment 642642View attachment 642643

No, I build ramps for both sides ahead of time and already had them screwed to the trailer wood. I bought rough cut lumber from a local saw mill for $60, then chain sawed angles on them. They are 3 short 2x4's between the sandwich to give a wider path. Then screwed blocks down along the sides to keep the bottom from kicking out. And screwed some boards across the top. Worked like a charm. Put the ole gal in Low reverse and backed it right on. The wooden ramps didn't even have to be tied down since they were screwed down.
The nice gentleman that was at the location for pick up mention that someone recently just drove over the fenders of a brand new trailer and smashed them down to the trailer wheels. Ouch.
i have a short video if you want to see me loading. Is this a good forum to post on or should I pick another topic thread?

Nice! I'd love to see the video. Not sure about posting to this thread though.

Sparo2

I have a question to those who have already been approved...

I received a letter today from Battle Creek. When you guys received your letter how long after were you approved?

Sparo2

It was basically a letter from the defense logistics agency headquarters regarding the purchase and that it is not to be exported without proper license or permission and that I am responsible to notify any future purchasers or owners.

So you guys never received a letter in the mail?

Flobossx

It was basically a letter from the defense logistics agency headquarters regarding the purchase and that it is not to be exported without proper license or permission and that I am responsible to notify any future purchasers or owners.

So you guys never received a letter in the mail?
my EUC was submitted the same date as yours. I haven't received any letter from Battle Creek. Maybe they just send them to particularly suspicious folks... You know scared straight.... Lol

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks