• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

MaverickH1

The elections I guess will happen around week 11 for you. I don't think you'll have it by then, but you might get lucky!

I'm expecting mine (which went "pending approval" a week after yours) to happen right around T-Giving. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I get it earlier, but T-Giving is week 13 for me. Week 12 for you would be the week of 11/7, just after the election. You'll be close!

Last edited:

MaverickH1

I wonder how many folks keep pulling up the description page of their "win" to see what it looks like.....The agony of the wait....
/Slowly raises hand...

Part of my problem is I bought one of the incomplete M1123 trucks. So I keep going back to look to see if it has the little things like... a door striker. Or... a center windshield retainer bracket. Or... etc, etc. So I keep finding new things I'll need and I'm ordering those. It's at least quenching my excitedness to get a new shipment every week with Humvee parts in it... but it also increases my anxiety to have these parts sitting around while I'm waiting to execute the installation! :)

Jakob1944

/Slowly raises hand...

Part of my problem is I bought one of the incomplete M1123 trucks. So I keep going back to look to see if it has the little things like... a door striker. Or... a center windshield retainer bracket. Or... etc, etc. So I keep finding new things I'll need and I'm ordering those. It's at least quenching my excitedness to get a new shipment every week with Humvee parts in it... but it also increases my anxiety to have these parts sitting around while I'm waiting to execute the installation! :)
Me too......as we text I am waiting on the UPS truck to bring my radio shelf for my Humvee that is on hold at Ft Riley......I've already spent 700 bucks on it......and I also pull up my "win" pix daily to increase my anxiety level........

MaverickH1

Me too......as we text I am waiting on the UPS truck to bring my radio shelf for my Humvee that is on hold at Ft Riley......I've already spent 700 bucks on it......and I also pull up my "win" pix daily to increase my anxiety level........
Ha! I think I've already spent somewhere in the $1500 range. I have windshields, retainers, soft doors, hinges, straps, top and rear curtain, cargo divider, troop seats, auxiliary lighting, back-up lamps, ignition switch, rivet guns, rivets, bolts, tools, and hardware for all of the previously mentioned stuff, tachometer, engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, spray paint, ... I even bought a GM under hood work light like I used to have on my old Chevy truck.

Just waiting to execute the work now. I figure I'll have nearly a month after getting it before I can register it, so I wanted everything to be ready to roll upon arrival.

:hammer:

Jakob1944

Ha! I think I've already spent somewhere in the $1500 range. I have windshields, retainers, soft doors, hinges, straps, top and rear curtain, cargo divider, troop seats, auxiliary lighting, back-up lamps, ignition switch, rivet guns, rivets, bolts, tools, and hardware for all of the previously mentioned stuff, tachometer, engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant, spray paint, ... I even bought a GM under hood work light like I used to have on my old Chevy truck.

Just waiting to execute the work now. I figure I'll have nearly a month after getting it before I can register it, so I wanted everything to be ready to roll upon arrival.

:hammer:

So you are waiting on the other half of your truck.......

MaverickH1

I think there are laws in place that do protect feeding humvee moms. Them 1101/2s are on GP pretty regularly.
I've been eyeing a few auctions for a while, but will have to calm my spending after all of this Humvee stuff... much to my surprise, M1102 prices on GovPlanet have shot up. They used to be $500 or $600, rarely over $1000. Now they seem to be selling in the $1500-$2000 price range.

You can actually find them on Craigslist cheaper. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks