• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

Thesaint025

Everything seemed to be going well, 6th HMMWV EUC cleared in 7 days! I have since bought 4 more and it has been 21 days no word on any new approved, GP said expect delays due to new changes in systems and processing minimum 8-12 weeks, may be longer! Ughhhh!

Leopald

Everything seemed to be going well, 6th HMMWV EUC cleared in 7 days! I have since bought 4 more and it has been 21 days no word on any new approved, GP said expect delays due to new changes in systems and processing minimum 8-12 weeks, may be longer! Ughhhh!
My EUC was submitted 4/6. I was hoping I snuck mine in before the delays started, but it looks like I missed my window by a week or 2. Ah well...

desmodromic

Must be hit or miss. I had an EUC clear in less than 10 days on a May 24th purchase date. I am a repeat offender/purchaser, so obviously I am already in the system. We'll see what happens with the two I bought this week. Tick, tock . . .

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
SF-97 Shortage (GovPlanet)

I don't want to be a Chicken Little, however, I wanted to give everyone a heads up on a potential issue involving GP SF-97s. Apparently the order I placed through the DoD channels in April to replenish my stock of SF-97s was held up due to budget shortages on the DoD side of the house. I was notified by the DLA that they finally received approval, and my order for 12,000 blanks (which should last me until the end of the year) was placed last week. Unfortunately, the lead time for receipt is supposedly 63 days.

What does that mean? The bottom line up front is this, I have approximately 525 blanks as of this morning. We have been averaging approx. 200-325 per week to DLA for signature. At that pace, I will run through my current stock in about 2 - 3 weeks. That will leave approx 5-6 weeks that I will be unable to produce any new SF-97s. We are currently working our list by auction date, or EUC approval date for EUC related items. Once my current stock is gone, we will be at a standstill until the new batch arrives.

This obviously could not come at a worse time. When I took over I inherited a backlog of close to 800 outstanding SF97s. By revamping the process and putting an extensive tracking procedure in place, we were finally able to work through that backlog, and we were printing SF97s 10 days after the auction date, and within 5 days of EUC Approval. This allowed us to get our buyers their SF97 normally within 3 weeks after the sale or pick up date. I honestly do not know what this is going to do to that and what the coming weeks will look like. I will say that I am exhausting every favor and avenue I have to try and obtain a resupply through other agencies, but thus far I have had zero luck. It appears almost every organization that deals with SF97s is in the same boat as us.

If you have been waiting more than 60 days, with the clock starting after you have taken possession of the item, please let me know (either publicly or by PM). I will need your Item number as well at some point, and I will do my best to ensure that you are at the top of the list for the remaining SF97s I currently have.

On a side note, I currently have close to 75 SF97s/Titles, sitting on my desk due to the fact that a PO Box was given in the shipping details (even though the checkout clearly states that we need a physical address and NOT a PO Box). I have been trying to work these out utilizing USPS versus FedEx, however I am starting to get push back for the extra expenditures. If you are currently waiting on an SF-97/Title and put down a PO Box as your shipping address, PM with a good physical location (FedEx does not delivery to PO Boxes) and I will get those out within 24 hours of your PM. Also if you requested an SF97/Title, but it was missing information, you should have been provided a SF97 Request form that needs to be filled out and returned to us. We currently have close to 100 units that we have not received the SF97 request form back on. The minimum information needed to complete an SF97 is Year of Manufacture, Manufacturer (Make), Model, VIN/Serial #, Curb Weight (if applicable) and GVWR (if applicable). If ANY of this information was missing on the auction page, your SF97 HAS NOT BEEN PROCESSED, and cannot be processed until the SF97 Request form, with the minimum required information, has been returned.

Thanks for you understanding in this matter, and I can and will assist anyone who has any additional questions or issues.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Well as normal, I pulled the trigger too soon and played chicken little before I exhausted all efforts. It appears that my insistence and displeasure received the appropriate attention, and I have now been informed to expect my blank SF97s before by the end of this month (meaning next week). Of course I, as anyone with any experience with DoD will attest, will remain cautiously optimistic until I am able to put hands on box while they are sitting in my office. Stay tuned, but for now it appears as if disaster and extreme frustration may be avoided! Big shout out to the DLA bosses that made this happen (if it happens)!!

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
On another note, it appears as if my team has sent all the PO Box SF97s out via USPS. Thanks to all who contacted me with updated shipping info. In the future please make sure everyone double checks their shipping address when checking out, and remember NO PO Boxes please. Also remember take time and update your account profile with your correct contact information and address. I have had several FedEx returns lately based on un-deliverable addresses and/or addressee no longer resides there. Only to find out when we try to contact customers to get a good address, their phone number is no longer valid either.

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well as normal, I pulled the trigger too soon and played chicken little before I exhausted all efforts. It appears that my insistence and displeasure received the appropriate attention, and I have now been informed to expect my blank SF97s before by the end of this month (meaning next week).
I'd rather be aware of a potential issue, then to have it sneak up on me while someone else knew it was coming. Its how I treat my customers, and how I like being treated. Thanks Phil !

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
When I was in a customer service position, I found it much easier to be proactive than reactive. People you "work for" feel empowered rather than left out.

Glad to see you have good people skills! You get an atta boy in my book.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks