• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
No one wants to hear this, but the average time for EUC approvals now stands at 49 Business days. Also the USMC items go through a different routing system for EUCs, so regardless if you are a repeat EUC buyer, USMC items will always take around 4-6 weeks, or longer in some cases, for approval. We are currently working with the DLA, USMC, and TSC to see what/if anything can be done on our end to help speed up the process, however, it is a government process and with the GS hiring freeze and the TSC being understaffed at this time, on top of the additional EUC items, I do not see the issue getting any better anytime soon. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's better than someone blowing smoke up your 4th point. If you have been waiting longer than 50 business days (10 weeks) PM me your Item number and I will do what I can to see where you are in the process or if there are any issues with your EUC packet.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M813a1
Bought/EUC Sent 3-15-17
Submitted to TSC 3-20-17
Approved 4-18-17
First timer
Title 7-19-17

I had waited the 60 days to call, only to find out that I had missed a blank. Only took about 30 days to get after correction. I recommend calling in 30 days. DMV is going to put it to me, but I'll be street legal in my 5 ton grocery getter.

StainlessSteel

Got my EUC for m998 today. First time EUC applicant.
04/28/2017 Auction won, EUC sumitted to govplanet
05/02/2017 EUC submitted to TSA
05/08/2017 EUC accepted by TSA
07/18/2017 EUC approved
Customer Service said that SF-97 wait time right now is about 4 weeks.
Title will be another 4-6 weeks.

StainlessSteel

Question for fpchief

fpchief,
First time buyer of a m998? or on govplanet?
I am curious if this was your first EUC. If it was, you have some magic attached to you that I want to ask you about lotto numbers.

Last edited:

Machinist497

Wow, I'm pretty sure PHasty is some kind of wizard or maybe the commander in chief. My EUC was submitted may 10th and I've been eagerly waiting for about 10 weeks. Till I was told to check out his post here. I sent him a pm this morning and without exaggeration I got a congratulating email 2 mins later saying my truck was ready for pickup and my EUC was clear! PHasty is the man!

fpchief

fpchief,
I am curious if this was your first EUC. If it was, you have some magic attached to you that I want to ask you about lotto numbers.
No Sir, first time EUC...just lucky i guess. I dont know if being retired military has anything to do with already having a cleared background and speeding things up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Honestly prior military service, security clearance, etc has nothing to do with it. Sometimes it is just the luck of the draw. Your submission may have been one of the top ones on the stack that was sent. Hope may not be a planning factor, however luck does play a huge part in it.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Machinist- I sent you a PM, but you were one of those that was approved on the same day we received the approval list from TSC. Yours would have came out on next week's list regardless. But thank you very much for the sentiment!

garlar4

Banned
Boy, PHasty responded to a pm from me and gave me some great Intel I needed. Thank you sir. I wish that customer service at gp was that knowledgeable. Any how reading threw this post and others. I'm wondering who i pissed off to hold up my Euc ha ha ha. Mine has Been in to the tsc for about 8 weeks or so. Got to love how the Feds work some times. This is taking longer then what I get new ffl's and sot's back from the atf for new stores. And that's a more dangerous ordeal then a hmmvw lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Boy, PHasty responded to a pm from me and gave me some great Intel I needed. Thank you sir. I wish that customer service at gp was that knowledgeable. Any how reading threw this post and others. I'm wondering who i pissed off to hold up my Euc ha ha ha. Mine has Been in to the tsc for about 8 weeks or so. Got to love how the Feds work some times. This is taking longer then what I get new ffl's and sot's back from the atf for new stores. And that's a more dangerous ordeal then a hmmvw lol.
I wish I had better news for you like I did with machinist. Thanks for the sentiment anyway! I am trying to work with all the moving parts (fed agencies) to get a better and more accurate timeline but as anyone who has experience in that realm, the bureaucratic wheels move at their own pace...FWIW I do give my word to everyone that I am trying to make things a little better.

fpchief

fpchief,
Getting an EUC cleared is about the only thing i have been lucky on. I don't dare gamble because i WILL lose my money!!! But i do have a hot wife so i guess have one more win to claim other than a fast EUC approval!!

DHAN12435

Purchased three M998 vehicles, three different auction dates on GP. EUCs submitted for approval 6/20/17, 6/27/2017 and 7/6/2017.. First time buyer but sure would be cool if one of them would get approved sooner rather then later..

DCIV

PHasty, man as a first time buyer it makes me feel better to read through the posts and see you leave feedback. I know I still have forever to wait (bought 6-27 and sent in tcu 7-10) but just glad there is someone I could at least talk to if it goes to long.

garlar4

Banned
FYI I was told that they approved most but not all of the Euc's that were set to the tsc on 5-25-17

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks