• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
My EUC filled on 6/29/17 cleared 7/17/17 and I have filled one on 7/21/17 its still pending.
If you already have a cleared EUC from a GovPlanet purchase within the past 30 months, the timeline is still sitting at 7 business days from the date TSC accepts your EUC. PM me an Item# if you feel that you fall into this category.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Absolutely Capone, maybe I will run it up the flagpole that we need to suspend all auctions until the government get us the forms...I am sure that no one would complain about that.
Cucv- The SF 97 will be dated with the date it was prepared and signed by the Seller (DLA), that along with your invoice should, or at least it has for other people, show that you were waiting on the government document and when it was signed. If that does not work PM me with the item # and I will see what I can do on this end.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Ok, I will try and update this thread on a weekly basis (no promises). I have the EUC team tracking individual groups to help get a better timeline so everyone can guess fairly accurately on when their EUC should be approved. I will publish the groups that can realistically expect to see an answer within the next 2 weeks, along with the average processing time. I will continue to tweak our tracking procedures so that we can hopefully start giving out a little better info to everyone. Please remember, this is not when your item sold or you sent in your EUC, this is only the numbers that TSC accepted and the date they were accepted.

Pre 6/27: 15 Remaining (6 over 45 business days)
6/27: 94
7/5: 107
Average processing time is still hovering at 47 business days
Average weekly approvals is around 125-130 per week

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for your help PHasty. I think any info you can share with us is appreciated!

My EUC was sent to TSC on 7-3 so is it safe to assume I fall in to the 7-5 group?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cucv- The SF 97 will be dated with the date it was prepared and signed by the Seller (DLA), that along with your invoice should, or at least it has for other people, show that you were waiting on the government document and when it was signed. If that does not work PM me with the item # and I will see what I can do on this end.
So, for what it's worth... I'd just get a standardized memorandum, on GovPlanet letter head, and put a no BS statement: "Gov ran out, had to print more, took a while. Don't' penalize the buyer. Signed, lovingly, PHasty"

Just put it in with every SF-97 until you get to the "current" set, and call it a day.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
So, for what it's worth... I'd just get a standardized memorandum, on GovPlanet letter head, and put a no BS statement: "Gov ran out, had to print more, took a while. Don't' penalize the buyer. Signed, lovingly, PHasty"

Just put it in with every SF-97 until you get to the "current" set, and call it a day.
The majority of the DMVs will utilize the date on the SF97 and/or the reassignment letter to start their clock. There have been several instances where customers have requested an SF97 months, sometimes years after the sale and have not had an issue with the 45 day time frame most DMVs utilize to determine "Late" titling. I am not going to pull the trigger on even more paperwork, which would slow the process down even more getting these out as quick as I can when only a few people may need one. The letter will have to be personalized for each item to include the make model and serial number/VIN...Most DMVs would laugh at a simple form letter.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I got my title for my 813 it was dated just a few weeks before (-0- penality) not when I made purchase which was in march and I got title in July. Don't know if it is normal, but I am glad.

cucvmule

collector of stuff

Thanks PHasty for the information. I for one are glad that there is an entity that represents? the Fed. and the purchaser in selling and buying surplus hardware.

Not knowing when is hard because of the apprehension to start motoring in "my" MV. Get caught driving without tags is bad enough, but get towed then not having a state title and tow lot starts earning some serious cash.

We have some Great Peace Officers here in town, so they will give you a pass but don't push your luck. I am confident that paperwork will show, I just want to get transfer of ownership as soon as possible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks