• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

DCIV

I'm 3 days after you, but you updated your email with who? For what reason? Didn't realize Tuesday's seem to be a big approval day. Great, just something else I will be looking every two mins for tomorrow.

darbymorgano

Got a reply email from GP saying my EUC had moved to TSC and was awaiting approval on 6/27, former posts have stated repeatedly Tuesdays are the big approval date, some flow thru other days at a trickle, but Tuesday seems to be the dig day.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Tuesday is the day that Battle Creek sends my EUC team the approval report. Once it is received they update the system which then kicks out the automated email. To ensure that you get the email, go to your GovPlanet Account settings and make sure that we have the correct email address. As soon as my team has done the report and gives me the updated numbers, I will do my best to make sure and get it posted today or 1st thing in the morning. Tuesday is normally back to back meetings for me, so I can't promise I will get the chance to get it posted today.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Ok Folks here is this week's update. My guys are currently updating the approvals so if you were approved then you should get an email today. TSC did above average on approvals, they knocked out 63 versus the normal 45-50. Here is where we stand after today's approvals:

3 EUCs > 45 days
6/27 and later: 43
7/5: 100
7/11: 95

I would expect the 6/27 group and maybe some of the 7/5 group should be getting approved next week. Once again, if your EUC was accepted prior to 6/27 and you haven't received any notices, PM with an item number and I will check it out. Also this is only for DLA Items, USMC items go through a completely different channel and there is no hard and fast timeline on those nor is there a dedicated day when we get notified of approvals. Also my guys do not have the ability to check the status on those. We don't know they are approved until the USMC sends us the approval memo. Right now I am showing that there are 66 USMC EUCs awaiting approval.

04mustang

Item won on 8/16 and EUC with payment was submitted same day. Sent to TSC on 8/21. Approved and ready for release today 8/29.

This is like my 6th EUC though.

DCIV

So if my euc was sent 7/10 and I havnt gotten an email yet then that means I am part that hasn't been processed? Or It could have been processed by BC and it takes time for you all to update our account?

ArizonaGasMonkey

EUC Status

Still Waiting on my Slantback from YERMO

7/18/17Submitted to TSC, pending approval Fill EUC8/3/178760862008 AM General M1045A2 HMMWV 4 Door Hard Top w/Slant Back6/27/17 9:03 AMQ

Keep being told its held up by the Marine's can you provide some updates or a refund.

Aaron

Last edited:

ArizonaGasMonkey

5 from 5-25 auction
1 from 6-22 auction
Will send you a PM......
Needs some real answers tired of the customer service run around every time I call.
And Phil....You are a great guy always helpful sorry you have to mess with this $hit...you have always been more than fair with me.
Thanks
Aaron

desmodromic

47 ish days seems to be somewhat the norm, now I need to know the wait times for sf97 forms... hold my breath again until I'm blue....
Pretty much. I am waiting on SF-97s for at least 11 items. Seems rather curious that GovPlanet is more than happy to take (and sit on) my money for a piece of paper that they know in advance they cannot produce in a timely manner.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Pretty much. I am waiting on SF-97s for at least 11 items. Seems rather curious that GovPlanet is more than happy to take (and sit on) my money for a piece of paper that they know in advance they cannot produce in a timely manner.
To set the Record straight, every inspection report states that it could take up to 60 Business days to receive an SF97 and up to an additional 30 business days to receive a title. This is from the date the item is picked up, NOT the sale date.

Second, The backorder is at the Federal level, not GovPlanet, Not DLA, Not the USMC. The only movement you are going to be able to get is to take it through the Federal levels. I am as frustrated as all of you, and I have been doing my best to keep everyone informed on the SF97 thread that I actually started in June.

Just so everyone knows, I already have my guys positioned to be able to surge and knock out about 500 SF97s per week, once we receive the blank forms. I am not going to guess as to what is causing the backorder, at this point I have heard so many different "reasons" I do not know which one is the correct one. What I do know is that I have turned over every rock and called in every favor I have accumulated, and still no luck. If someone out there has better connections than me, please please please by all means use them and help all of us out. I have already requested approval for overtime for my guys so that they can be stuck in here for 10-12 hours a day to take care of ya'll when we do get the forms. I am sure that nobody really cares about that part of it since it doesn't affect them.

DCIV

Yeah Aaron, mine is before yours and it's not marine. Unless you've already done this before and had to wait then you have 3ish weeks to go prob.

I am worried about the sf-97 shortage as well, can we change ours if we want to?

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
DCIV- Not sure I understand what you mean by "Change ours if we want to"...Also I really don't want to hijack the EUC thread to discuss SF97s. If anyone has any questions or concerns about SF97s please use the above thread that Porky quoted. Thanks!

DCIV

So when we actually paid for our vehicle we had options to pick between a bill of sale, something else, and the sf97. If the sf97's are backed up can we switch what we want?

desmodromic

To set the Record straight, every inspection report states that it could take up to 60 Business days to receive an SF97 and up to an additional 30 business days to receive a title. This is from the date the item is picked up, NOT the sale date.

Second, The backorder is at the Federal level, not GovPlanet, Not DLA, Not the USMC. The only movement you are going to be able to get is to take it through the Federal levels. I am as frustrated as all of you, and I have been doing my best to keep everyone informed on the SF97 thread that I actually started in June.

Just so everyone knows, I already have my guys positioned to be able to surge and knock out about 500 SF97s per week, once we receive the blank forms. I am not going to guess as to what is causing the backorder, at this point I have heard so many different "reasons" I do not know which one is the correct one. What I do know is that I have turned over every rock and called in every favor I have accumulated, and still no luck. If someone out there has better connections than me, please please please by all means use them and help all of us out. I have already requested approval for overtime for my guys so that they can be stuck in here for 10-12 hours a day to take care of ya'll when we do get the forms. I am sure that nobody really cares about that part of it since it doesn't affect them.
Just to set the record straight, most companies do not charge in advance for paperwork and/or other ancillary items that the company knowingly may not be able to produce for up to 120 days (or more). The point is, at the time I paid for these items, GovPlanet (and Chicken Little) had full knowledge of a paperwork shortage and had a pretty good idea that Gov Planet likely could not produce the documents in a "timely" manner as indicated in the aforementioned fine print. In a situation as described above, it seems to me that a better policy would be for Gov Planet not to charge for any paperwork until they are able to process and produce it. Now I could go on about how the additional $$ for a simple bill of sale which in no way conformed to the description given by customer service, or the generally unimformed nature of Gov Planet customer represenatives (almost all the site reps have been great to work with, though), but I will save that diatribe for another day.

On a personal level, I applaud you PHasty (and your predecessor here on Steel Soldiers) for your efforts to keep purchasers informed and help resolve issues, but we should all be aware that the Steel Soldier community likely only represents a smalll fraction of Gov Planet's total customer base.

desmodromic

Just to set the record straight, most companies do not charge in advance for paperwork and/or other ancillary items that the company knowingly may not be able to produce for up to 120 days (or more). The point is, at the time I paid for these items, GovPlanet (and Chicken Little) had full knowledge of a paperwork shortage and had a pretty good idea that Gov Planet likely could not produce the documents in a "timely" manner as indicated in the aforementioned fine print. In a situation as described above, it seems to me that a better policy would be for Gov Planet not to charge for any paperwork until they are able to process and produce it. Now I could go on about how the additional $$ for a simple bill of sale which in no way conformed to the description given by customer service, or the generally unimformed nature of Gov Planet customer represenatives (almost all the site reps have been great to work with, though), but I will save that diatribe for another day.

On a personal level, I applaud you PHasty (and your predecessor here on Steel Soldiers) for your efforts to keep purchasers informed and help resolve issues, but we should all be aware that the Steel Soldier community likely only represents a smalll fraction of Gov Planet's total customer base.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks