• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
So when we actually paid for our vehicle we had options to pick between a bill of sale, something else, and the sf97. If the sf97's are backed up can we switch what we want?
I moved you post to this thread, PHasty GovPlanet Rep is the person you need to contact for an answer.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
So when we actually paid for our vehicle we had options to pick between a bill of sale, something else, and the sf97. If the sf97's are backed up can we switch what we want?
DCIV- Yes you can switch, however, the only thing you would be able to switch to is a notarized bill of sale (which honestly you only need in a few states, your invoice should suffice for the majority so unless you need it, don't waste the money). The title option is the other option you were referring to, and that requires a completed SF97 so switching to a title will do nothing more than extending the time. I thought I remembered someone from Tennessee posting on here that TN DMV will normally title on the Invoice only...may be worth checking out.

StainlessSteel

Thank you, PHasty, for honesty & openly communicating what is happening with the SF-97s. I've been waiting on 1 M998 from an auction the last week in April. Sure it's frustrating, but this is the government. Nothing GP can do to speed things up - this is a bonafide bottleneck.
Hopefully forms will come soon. In this day and age this hold up does seem silly, but it is what it is.

DHAN12435

Thanks for the link. Anyone seeing approvals today? Got approved on one two weeks ago. Kinda thinking the other two be approved faster now that I have one EUC approval in the system.

DCIV

I didn't get mine and I know they have done some from my date, wondering if they are a day behind because of the holiday though. Seriously been killing me!

suzukovich

I called today. Was told the same BS. Week before last I was told it was printed and would be FedEx to me. Guess what never showed, called and was told they made a mistakes . Bottom line issue is copy of paid invoice is not legal document. Bill of sale is and is proof of ownership. I was told that the county could impound my Humvee until I could produce a legal bill of sale or possibly investigated for theft, the fact that I am now dealing with a hurricane isn't helping. When I explained the issue to customer service I was told that they would FedEx a valid bill of sale and receive it tomorrow. If it doesn't show then having been a federal employee there is a process to get this fixed. Most contractors don't like that proccess. So let's see if I was lied to again.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
OK, I am in the same boat.
I thought I would just wait it out. I only have 1 outstanding from 5/31, so I am not crazy thinking mine was getting old when others are still way before that.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was hoping this week was my week but it wasn't. I'm at 48 days now I think so I have to be getting close. Maybe next week! I would like to get it soon to give me a few weeks to do some PM's before the fall rally in Haspin at the end of the month.

suzukovich

OK just got off the phone with GovPlanet. Bill of sale was sent out and according to FedEx out for delivery. They waved the fee due to SF97 shortage. So at least some forward progress, now I can at least prove ownership.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks