• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

suzukovich

A couple of things Have Bill of Sale in hand and also references current issue.
Next this is the response I received from DLA today

Mr. Suzukovich
I am following up on the service ticket that you submitted pertaining to the issuance of an SF97 for the vehicle which you had purchased through Iron Planet. Our sales partner is correct in the matter that our current shipment has been backordered. Our office had received notification towards the end of August that our current shipment has been backordered for approximately 6 weeks. I apologize for the inconvenience. As soon as our shipment is received, they will be issued out in a timely manner. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

So there it is expect 2 to 3 mo wait for SF97.

Web me and you are in the same group buddy, really hope it comes next week. My truck is already lined up for transport just in case :)

"There is no darkness we'll not face boldly for each other, so to hells gates I will charge to ransom back my brother"

Al Capone

Have any of y'all researched your states titling process on antique vehicles ? I've done a few in my state over the years and did gamma goat recently . Fairly easy . Most DMV don't tell you about this or don't know but they can look it up in their book. La : 25 years old, need notarized bill of sale , get vehicle inspected by correct police officer not just anyone , be member of a antique car club or similiar club , and vehicle cannot show up in la state computer as being registered in past 6 years . So no record . With all this they will issue title on the spot . U get registration and tag right then and title in mail in week .

suzukovich

Have any of y'all researched your states titling process on antique vehicles ? I've done a few in my state over the years and did gamma goat recently . Fairly easy . Most DMV don't tell you about this or don't know but they can look it up in their book. La : 25 years old, need notarized bill of sale , get vehicle inspected by correct police officer not just anyone , be member of a antique car club or similiar club , and vehicle cannot show up in la state computer as being registered in past 6 years . So no record . With all this they will issue title on the spot . U get registration and tag right then and title in mail in week .
That's great but they put on my bill of sale Off Road use

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Al Capone

The bill of sale can come from anyone , that is in my state . Every state is different . Check your DMV for procedure for titling a antique vehicle u don't have title for . Don't give them all crazy info about vehicle . Just ask for procedure and required documents . Like say you sell it to your wife or have ya wife or buddy sell it to you . Don't write off road use only on it .

Last edited:

suzukovich

My bad I thought u were in Texas .
i thought you were the guy in Texas that was posting
**** no. The last time I was in Texas was when I was stationed at FT Hood in the 90s. Funny thing though Florida will not except any on road title from Texas concerning the Humvees.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

MrSEE

SO.... Are we ever going to get our SF-97's?

I have trucks purchased at the end of May that I've still not received forms for. Funny how quickly I had to pay for all the things I won at auction, and how quickly they needed to be picked up...

They are not holding up their end of the sale. The least they could do is put a bulletin up on the website (homepage) about this crap.

Bocephus

I find it funny that they are running an all Humvee auction today..............Zero concern for not being able to provide the paperwork they are going to sell to 400 people today. Evidently us that are waiting aren't being noisy enough......

profo

Well I went to DMV today, Bill of sale is no good cause trailer is not 25 years old, its now three months and YES I am paying about $1.50 a day after 40 which was two months ago so depending IF I ever get the sf97 may be 100 bucks+ to get title, for something I prepayed when I bought it!

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Well I went to DMV today, Bill of sale is no good cause trailer is not 25 years old, its now three months and YES I am paying about $1.50 a day after 40 which was two months ago so depending IF I ever get the sf97 may be 100 bucks+ to get title, for something I prepayed when I bought it!
Your SF97 and reassignment letter will be dated as of the date of signature. The SF97 clearly states that that it can be used as a bill of sale for titling purposes. You will not be charged for late registration as long as you title it within 40 days of the date on the reassignment letter. If you are in Louisiana, I know this for a fact since my uncle just went through the same issue about 2 months ago in Bossier City where he lives.

profo

Your SF97 and reassignment letter will be dated as of the date of signature. The SF97 clearly states that that it can be used as a bill of sale for titling purposes. You will not be charged for late registration as long as you title it within 40 days of the date on the reassignment letter. If you are in Louisiana, I know this for a fact since my uncle just went through the same issue about 2 months ago in Bossier City where he lives.
On the last item I bought they refused to use the SF97's date they would only use the date on the invoice because they said that's when it was bought not when I got the paper work!

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
I was out of the office last week and trying to dig out of the hole that has left me in. If you PM'd me and I haven't responded, I promise I will attempt to answer all of them by end of day today.

Here is this week's EUC Update:

7/5 and later: 16
7/11 Group : 97
7/18 Group: 52
7/25 Group: 91

TSC cleared a total of 115 this week, so if they keep on the same pace, 7/11 should be knocked out next week and a portion of 7/18 should make it through as well.

As far as the SF97 update, we are still in a holding pattern. DLA is beating up GSA in regards to all of their requests, not just the ones that are coming to GP. This is a federal wide issue with the GSA vendor. I do have my team positioned to surge as soon as the forms come in, and I will continue to apologize for the holdup, but this one is truly out of our hands and scope. Congrats to everyone who gets approved today.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks