• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Issues with SF-97

DrOfData

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh Yeah!

Thank you for posting....sucks I'm gonna be the last group of my euc stuff.
I received my notice! Oh yeah. Contacting the delivery company in a few minutes & get this going! Totally made my day!
Anyone looking for their Item Release Form, you'll need to go to your "My Account Page" & then "Item Won" & go to the far right of the items won & click on the "post-sale info" link.

Last edited:

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was right, this was my week! I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. I can't wait, I probably won't be able to sleep tonight. It will be like Christmas as a kid!

DrOfData if I go to my account like you said it says it should have been picked up a month ago. If I go to my EUC status it still says pending. Hopefully they won't charge me a storage fee.

EUC approved today! Totally stoked.

Purchased 6/27/2017, submitted to Feds on 7/5/2017, approved 9/12/2017.

Thanks phasty for all the updates, it really helped me stay calm!

"There is no darkness we'll not face boldly for each other, so to hells gates I will charge to ransom back my brother"

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your SF97 and reassignment letter will be dated as of the date of signature. The SF97 clearly states that that it can be used as a bill of sale for titling purposes. You will not be charged for late registration as long as you title it within 40 days of the date on the reassignment letter. If you are in Louisiana, I know this for a fact since my uncle just went through the same issue about 2 months ago in Bossier City where he lives.

Speaking from personal experience, it varies by state. OK charged for 14 months of late fees for the one it took so long to get the paperwork on.

Other states have specific exceptions from late fees written into law for former military vehicles.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DrOfData if I go to my account like you said it says it should have been picked up a month ago. If I go to my EUC status it still says pending. Hopefully they won't charge me a storage fee.
Mine said the same thing and I contacted GP to make sure I wasn't being charged. They said the storage fees and the iron clad insurance doesn't start until after the vehicle is released. When you get cleared, your paperwork will tell you those dates. Hope that helps clear your mind a little.

Last edited:

ArizonaGasMonkey

Why does Gov Planet not state on all the vehicles that they are selling there is an SF97 shortage? Are you trying to keep the prices high and not scare buyers away...I just watched items today go higher than ever...if the buyers knew it may be months on end to get paperwork would they still be buyers?

ArizonaGasMonkey

Phil,

Thanks for the update on the status..Hope the USMC will gert around to approving the EUC so she can finally come home...

Hope those Ass Clowns from Wheeler Dealers didnt rob any parts off my truck when they got theirs running LOL

876086 2008 Slantback Purchased 6/27/17 purchase date 1045A2
thanks
Aaron
2008 AM General M1045A2 HMMWV 4 Door Hard Top w/Slant Back

Last edited:

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I am waiting on 4- sf97s.This is totally absurded.......I have spent $25k on 4 trucks and they cant come up with some paper.....

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Why does Gov Planet not state on all the vehicles that they are selling there is an SF97 shortage? Are you trying to keep the prices high and not scare buyers away...I just watched items today go higher than ever...if the buyers knew it may be months on end to get paperwork would they still be buyers?
We actually do state that it can be an extended time to get the SF97 on every inspection report, here it is verbatim:

"
  • If Selected, a Standard Form 97 (SF97) or Transferable titling document will be sent to the buyer by express mail or similar service. Typically buyers will receive their SF97 within 30 business days, although it can take up to 60 Business days, from the date the buyer takes possession of the item. Transferable titling documents typically take up to 30 business day after receipt of the SF97. Buyer is responsible for vehicle registration.
Unfortunately, the delay in getting blanks happens quite often, which is the reason the above statement is on the inspection report. However, we have never had a delay to this extent. I will blame my guys for implementing a system that worked so well that people were getting their SF97s within about 10-15 days after picking their items up. It seems to have made everyone forget how bad it used to be. Based on the above statement, the only people that have a legitimate complaint are the ones that took possession of their items prior to 1 Jul 2017.

I will also reiterate, as much as I hate it, we are all at the mercy of the Federal Government. This is not a GovPlanet or DLA caused issue. This is several levels above us and it has affected every Federal Agency that deals with these documents. The only thing GovPlanet, and by inclusion myself, can do is to make a plan and be prepared to knock as many as we can out and get them to you as fast as humanly possible once we receive the blanks. I can assure you that plan is in place and I will personally crack the whip until we get back to where we were prior to this massive headache.

Bocephus

I appreciate your help, but have to completely disagree that its not a Govplanet issue. I realize you are waiting on a supplier of the paperwork, but you in fact continue to sell these items as if its just normal business with the same standard statements about the SF97.

If you all stopped selling items that required this, it would send the message to whomever you are waiting on. The way its being operated now, they have no incentive or reason to even try.

Item 904568. Can you please look into that one.

Also want to make it clear that I'm not personally attacking you, I do appreciate you coming to this forum to give real updates. My rant is more towards the leadership at Ironplanet that is running the business this way.

I relate it this way; I work in the food industry, I can't take an order from customer for months and months and not deliver because I'm waiting on a supplier that makes the containers for the food, and then tell the customer its not my fault. It doesn't work that way (well, I guess in Ironplanets case it does), my company would lose customers in a heartbeat.

Just cracks me up they had an all Humvee sell this week..............Gonna be a lot more ticked off buyers here in the future............

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
I appreciate your help, but have to completely disagree that its not a Govplanet issue. I realize you are waiting on a supplier of the paperwork, but you in fact continue to sell these items as if its just normal business with the same standard statements about the SF97.

If you all stopped selling items that required this, it would send the message to whomever you are waiting on. The way its being operated now, they have no incentive or reason to even try.

Item 904568. Can you please look into that one.

Also want to make it clear that I'm not personally attacking you, I do appreciate you coming to this forum to give real updates. My rant is more towards the leadership at Ironplanet that is running the business this way.

I relate it this way; I work in the food industry, I can't take an order from customer for months and months and not deliver because I'm waiting on a supplier that makes the containers for the food, and then tell the customer its not my fault. It doesn't work that way (well, I guess in Ironplanets case it does), my company would lose customers in a heartbeat.

Just cracks me up they had an all Humvee sell this week..............Gonna be a lot more ticked off buyers here in the future............
I agree with you 100%, unfortunately the government contract is not structured that way. We are required to auction off a minimum percentage of items that are delivered to us via the DLA. We do not have the authority or ability to reduce that number.

Bocephus

Sure, and I'm no contract lawyer, lol.

But if you could take a look at the item I mentioned above I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks