• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It appears I just won a M750

Blythewoodjoe

Well the auction is over and I have the high bid, so I'm off to the land of EUC tomorrow and then in a few months I can pick it up?

Seriously, I think I just won a M750 (like I need one) and later when I have time I will have some questions for you guys that move stuff like this with a M818. I have no concerns driving all this, I just want to make sure I can hook up to the trailer and pull it home safely. I assume I should take plenty of tools for odd stuff like lights and tires, but is there anything I should know about pulling a surplus trailer off base. I have insurance and a class A license.

It's in Goose creek so it's a half day project to get it home, after the EUC (we don't want these things falling into enemy hands). I do feel bad, like I have stolen it, it was so cheap. Or am I missing something.

Joe

Attachments

cyamaha2007

If its sat along time ive had axles lock up. I dont have info on that specific trailer. Alot of times they will free up with a 5 pound sledge. Its usually on oil bath hubs if it is locked id check the bearings. Good luck

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang it dang it dang it I was up here for my locomotive engineer training and missed the end of the auction. I should have just put in my max yesterday before I left for VA.auaauaaua:doh::cry:

BTW you should have no problems pulling it off base.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Holy crap Joe, you are a thief! rofl

We will suitably roast you in October.

We assume you are bringing this & the 818 to the rally?

Blythewoodjoe

We assume you are bringing this & the 818 to the rally?
Hail no. If I was leaving today I would drive the M813 with the RV (M866) in tow. I'm sure my plans will change before then.

I don't know what I will do with this trailer, I might be living in it when I get it home. Assuming I can drive down to get it with my wife's foot in my......

The M818 is for sale as of 15:00 hours today. I just got the title in the mail. No hurry to move it, at least not until I get the trailer home :mrgreen:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I used my expando for a mini-rally at the off road park near me.....it worked great and kept the rain off even with the sides expanded.....did leak a little due to dry rotted seals.

The big surprise will come when you open her up.....I noticed there were no interior pics....when I opened mine there were hard sides, work benches full of equipment, a hydrolic cylinder tester and some other stuff.

Hope you hit the mother lode.

I plan on removing the van from the trailer and setting it beside my shop with the sides exanded for storage....it will get a permanent roof over it and surrounded by a metal siding wall.

The trailer will be made into a lowboy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many lowboys you making with 295 chassis Richard? Didn't you get one from me? Joe, if it bothers you that bad, you can always donate it to one of the many SS rallies as a storage or HQ trailer. I have the factory rear mudflaps for one. If you can wait, I can bring them to the GA Rally.

Blythewoodjoe

I suppose I shouldn't get too excited yet, my EUC has to clear. While I have had nothing but smooth dealing with the GL gang on this stuff, I read many people have lots of trouble. It might be my turn.

I'll let you know on the mud flaps Kenny. Depending on the condition of the unit, it might become a static display for my tools.

AMGeneral

Nice buy Joe,I'm still planning on picking my stuff up soon,BTW,which 818 are you gonna sell? the one with winch or one without?

I should be picking my other lowboy up next weekend,and as soon as I get my SC permits straight,I'll pick a Sat and come pick up my junk:driver:It's about time the 915A1 earned it's keep!!

nhdiesel

They aren't bad to haul. Indiana to NH with this one, no problems, even through the mountains of VT when we took the scenic route home.
m750.jpg

Jim

Blythewoodjoe

Nice buy Joe,I'm still planning on picking my stuff up soon,BTW,which 818 are you gonna sell? the one with winch or one without?
I will be selling the non winch truck. I picked it up a few months back at GL. They seemed to be giving trucks away that day so I figured I should help them out.

Come on down when you can. Nothing is going any where.

Monkeyboyarmy

Hi Joe. Nice score. I think you will like it. I hauled mine with the M275. Flat and level was fine but I was pulling hills in third gear. Not fun when semi's were coming up on me at 60+ mph. It is a really neat trailer.Hopefully the side curtains are tucked away in it somewhere. The shelves are a real pain to take out as they are riveted to the floor. Should have 2 fuel burning heaters up front. BTW, mine is the one that GL uses in all of their adds. Good luck. Greg....Ohio

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greg, is that the one you got in PA all those years ago? I think I still have pics of your 275.

Blythewoodjoe

Operation "drive the oven 7 hours to pick up something I don't need but really wanted" was a complete success. I drove 250 miles round trip, took a little over 6 hours. The XM818 performed well. It is now for sale. It ran great with fuel in the tank :oops:.

I was looking the plate over and it appears the box weighs 10,000 pounds. That seems heavy for such a small box. Anyway, no booty in the box. I had hoped it would contain $1,000,000.00 worth of loot and I could retire. Perhaps I was thinking too big. The box has lots of rust on the inside. Still for $280 plus fuel I think it's a bargain. If I put the box on another trailer or use it for storage, I will sell the trailer frame or maybe just the tires. We'll see. Here's some pictures. I got excited and forgot to take some of it before I lowered the sides.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks