• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It followed me home-and Im keeping it

Section8

I believe that the iltis has a flat body pan while the drive line is concealed. Essentially a huge skid plate.
If you run that sucker up to max speed you can sort of skip across a big puddle!
Will it float?
No.
Iltis are not amphibious.
Sweet M135, Iltis with both trailers, awesome lookin Ferrets!
Welcome from the west coast.

oboyjohn

Hi Klunk. Welcome to the forum. I am thinking of diving into the big green steel hobby. I was a mechanic in the Reserves for 27 years and got out back in 2011. I am now looking for a vehicle to restore. It will probably be an Iltis or a M38 ( start small as not to scare the wife). Would love to get my hands on an MLVW but they are very rare in running condition and even rarer are the street legal versions. Cheers from Quebec!

klunk

The smaller 'jeepy' vehicles are a lot easier to work on/store but the bigger stuff seems to cost less

i have done a heap of work on the 135 to the point where it's street legal now and have still spent LESS than I did to purchase the Iltis

pics of the new paint forthcoming...