• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It has been cold! Broke out the M-68 Heater

Milspec33

Broke out the M-68 Heater over the past few days. After cleaning up fuel pump she ran great. Serious heat!
I posted the TM in the manuals section.heater 3.jpgheater 1.jpgphoto (2).jpg

Attachments

Milspec33

South Carolina plumbing is not up to single digit cold. All of the water pipes at my office froze:cry:

Milspec33

This unit has 5 sections of large duct 10-12' long each and 6 sections of small duct 10-12' long. Also has 3 adapter plates to go from large to small. Only needs two plates. All of the duct is pristine. The whole heater is in super shape. Puts out 250,000 BTUs. Some people don't like them because they are gas fired but I found it easy to operate..just follow the directions

3dAngus

That's a serious heater at 250K and 700 pounds. I would love to be around when that thing is fired up.

1800 Diesel

That's a nice looking set! We could've used that rig earlier this week while my son & I had to do a freeze plug replacement on the Cherokee. Started working on it outside Tuesday when the temps in the panhandle got down to the teens, which is cold for Florida. To keep us warm I fired up one of the MEP4s and connected a dozen milk-house heaters--these placed around the car and then set up a tarp over the work area. It was toasty under the tarp!

The job took two nights in the worst cold I've seen in 30 years but we had to get the engine fixed for my son to get to work. Neighbors were probably wondering what I was up to but they're used to hearing diesels running on a regular basis. At least I used an ASK model... :)

Milspec33

It is pretty cool, it was about 17 degrees out the other day and I had 30' of large duct running to the crawl space of my office. The metal connector on the far end of the duct was almost too hot to touch. I had to back the burner down.:burn:

Milspec33

When I started it for the first time I had one of my employees ready with the fire extinguisher..

bphillips

I just picked one of these up for a dollar(!!) After giving it a once over I wheeled it outside and fired it off. I scared the bejeezus out of myself when the burner lit, but after a few minutes it calmed down and behaved nicely. Despite semi nasty gas, it seems to run pretty good now. Does anyone know the fuel burn rate for these? I suspect that it will cost me more to run it for a minute than what I paid for it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks