• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

it runs but need help

dirtytools

I finally got my mule running.

I can not get full RPM's , All linages are free and do not bind.

I can get about 1800 to 2000 rpms.
the engine runs smooth from idle to its max rpms.
Any ideas on what to do?

dirtytools

I think the governor it not working.
externally the linkages work.
I think there is no spark advance.
Is there a pub on rebuilding the governor?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the best thing to do is just stop working on it.. dont waste your valuable time... forget about it.. ill come this weekend and haul it off for you. sounds like a great plan to save you from yourself

dirtytools

The engine TM states "if RPMS can be reached the governor has to be replaced.
I can not find any rebuild instructions for governor.

nickd

The engine TM states "if RPMS can be reached the governor has to be replaced.
I can not find any rebuild instructions for governor.
The best alternative if you do not install a new one is to remove the old one, clean it with carb cleaner, fill it with light weight oil and let it sit for a few days before you reinstall it

dirtytools

I finally got some free time to work on the mule

I replaced the gov. cleaned the carb. and fuel pump.
it runs like great
now I need to clean and lube the steering and shifting linkages

m109a2

Well Tim is right it is not worth much,I will trade you a mean wife a spoiled dog and a ferrell cat and if it is 4 wheel steer I want my dog back I love that dog.Good luck.lol Al

m109a2

Welcome to this site there is a weath of information here.Everbody wants a mule I mean everbody including me.We will play with you till you sell that mule and if It is a 4 wheel steer I ask that if you do not restore it sell it to somebody that will.I got on this site a couple of years ago.Now you can not see my house from the green.Welcome again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks