• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It runs.. maybe not..

Crazyguyla

The compressor was built by Harris Manufancturing Corp., Model J-210-FED.

I did some work on my Duece during the Holidays and gave it some TLC

Here are things that are needed for the compressor:

The instruments rewired, fuel pump and fuel tank are missing, and the air tank and delivery lines need pressure testing.

I need help finding some parts for the Compressor's Magneto. It's a Fairbanks-Morse, Model E6B8K.

Here are some pictures halfway through paining the truck. It rained the day I was going to take the final pictures. The compressor is completely gloss olive drab and the truck is gloss olive drab and flat black. The painting was done with many spray cans until i can paint it properly.

I was able to remove the manhole cover from the compressor reservoir. The reservoir holds both the air from the compressor and the oil for lubricating/ cooling the compressor. The reservoir was full of clean oil.

I was able to remove the rusted exhaust pipe in one peice :D The exhaust manifold came off with only one broken bolt.:D:D I now need intake/ exhaust gaskets.

Attachments

halftrack

Was that truck sitting in front of Kelly's Jeeps about 5 years ago. I saw it but thought way too rough for me. is it still here in New Orleans.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, you certainly have your work cut out for you. But if that compressor is original to the truck, it will be an excellent collector's piece when it's done! There aren't many of the compressor rigs left.

I know David Doyle has one, have you gotten with him about the compressor specifics?

Crazyguyla

halftrack said:
Was that truck sitting in front of Kelly's Jeeps about 5 years ago. I saw it but thought way too rough for me. is it still here in New Orleans.
It's the same truck. I thought it was rough too, but thought it was worth the work to save. The truck is still in the New Orleans area. It's currently sitting in my parent's backyard.

Crazyguyla

After three years of sitting and gathering parts, my deuce finally coughed back to life. It ran off the three year old gas still in the tank, it didn't run well though. The engine has a nice new exhaust manifold and pipes. I let it run for a few minutes before shutting it down. I will have to wait until summer to get back to work. I hate that the truck is so far away. Here are a few pictures to enjoy. It's slowly coming together.

Attachments

Crazyguyla

Dude, that looks close to me right by the Mississippi River. Where is the truck exactly? I may be able to help you out..
It's right down the road from you sitting in my parents backyard. It's hard to see from river road unless you look at the right time. It's right past Barton going towards Ama. We'll have to get together when I'm in town for more than 4 days.

ryker725

It's right down the road from you sitting in my parents backyard. It's hard to see from river road unless you look at the right time. It's right past Barton going towards Ama. We'll have to get together when I'm in town for more than 4 days.
Ah... I know exactly where it is now... Yeah, hollar at me for sure when you're in town.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks