• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It Runs!!

pa.rich

RE: Holly carb

Maybe some goop on the threads would help?Well I hope that was it, that was only a guess! I hope it solves the problem. Are you going to be able to re connect that vac line if it is stripped? :? Maybe some teflon plumbers tape on those threads would help. :D

white135

RE: Holly carb

yes, those are both there, and also one which is on the carb and pulls up on the linkage, to assist? it seems to be the early style linkage in the book, so it might be different that yours.

m35a2cowner

Not an expert

I am not an expert but there use to be a cam on some carburetors that sped the idle up when the chock blades were close to being closed. Anything like that? Also, if possible look down the carburetor when the engine is running. Is there any/much fuel dripping from the venturies (two round looking things in throat of carburetor)? If so the float may be shot and allowing more fuel in than is needed to idle properly. Sometimes you can spray either (careful) or WD40 around the base of the carb and intake to look for vacuum leaks. Any change in speed( up or down) indicates leak. Also, for the sake of testing disconnect any vacuum hoses leading off of the motor, some auxiliary device might be leaking on a truck that has sat a long time. Good luck.

white135

RE: Not an expert

pa.rich, sorry, there is an early style linkage which differs slightly, you can see it in the -10 manual, for the very early models, and mines a 52.

Also, the vac line is not stripped, just the brass "L" fitting joining it with the gov, which I already have off. As soon as I can get a replacement, I will see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks for all the help.

Eric

ps, I finally made sergeant! :D

white135

RE: picture of linkage

Yeah, my linkage is similar to the small box in the second picture, which is hard to see even in my book.

M215

M215 Carb

Hello Eric,
Let me know what parts you need, I have several parts carbs and an extra linkage unit that bolts to the engine.
Check seller ( linhoff1) on Ebay sells carb rebuild kits for your Holly cheap every couple weeks (listed as Reo carb kits, but same thing), I purchased one for $6 just to have on the shelf.
Karl

pa.rich

Re: RE: Not an expert

white135 said:
pa.rich, sorry, there is an early style linkage which differs slightly, you can see it in the -10 manual, for the very early models, and mines a 52.

Also, the vac line is not stripped, just the brass "L" fitting joining it with the gov, which I already have off. As soon as I can get a replacement, I will see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks for all the help.

Eric

ps, I finally made sergeant! :D
My 211 is also a '52. And glad it was just a fitting stripped and not the carb .

white135

RE: Re: RE: Not an expert

Well, I guess theres no ryhme or reason to the "early" then. Hopefully its only the fitting, but it makes sense. We'll see when I get back there on tuesday.
Thanks

white135

It Runs!! really

Well, finally after all this time I have finished the brakes and wheel bearings on the 215. After rebuilding the carb and using the correct linkage we finally fired it up on friday and it moved under its own power for the first time in at least four years!

Many thanks to everyone who offered advice and tips, not to mention encouragement over the past months.

Tomorrow after I've gotten some more sleep, I'll get up more details and some more pictures.

Thanks Everyone!

Eric

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: It Runs!! really

Looks Great! and congradulations, and boy do those hardwoods in the backround remind me of hunting season in Indiana. I bet the squirrels are thick in them and the deer love to eat acorns.

I was surprized by one drake wood duck I killed in northern Indiana it had 21 acorns in it's gut.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks