• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It runs!!!!!!!!!!

hellrayzor1

Hi all,

The title says it all.......IT RUNS!!!!!!!!!

To most of you this prolly isn't a big deal but I bought this deuce a couple weeks ago not running. I tried to figure it out for myself and soon learned it was well beyond my experiences so I tried to find a mechanic that could fix it for me. The only person I found works for the airforce and he kinna knew what he was doing but I could tell this wasnt exactly what he was used to. At least he was not afraid to start taking the IP apart. Took the head off which is something I was scared to do alone. While I was waiting for him to come back to reinstall it, I spent some time cleaning it and found the fuel delivery needle valve was stuck solid. Took me a lil work and a can of carb cleaner but I finally was able to free it up and clean the valve and seat real well.
The mechanic came back on sunday morn and put the head back into th IP but the batteries were kaput from all the air bleeding so couldnt try to fire it up. After charging batteries all day I gave it a try but nothing except a rich smell of fuel coming out of the exhaust pipe. The head was 180 degrees out of time. The IP turns 2 revs per engine cycle so it is possible to put in in at the wrong timing. I took it out and spun the crank to the next timing cycle on the pump and reinstalled the head. Of course the batteries were flat again so back went the charger and waited till this morning after college class to give her anuther try....AND IT RUN'S!!!!!!!rofl:grd:

LOL< well im pretty excited...sorry about the long winded post, this is my first MV so its like sex for the first time to hear it fire up :)

HAVE A GREAT DAY,

Mark (deuce newbie...but learning)

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on getting her running. It's always great to hear your hard work pay off when you get that engine to roar isn't it?

You may be a deuce newb, but keep going on projects like that and you'll know em inside and out soon enough.

hellrayzor1

Now its time to learn the brake system, that will be much easier lol.

By the way...is there anyway to ajust the IP timing to peak out the engine performance? or is that even neccessary?

Mark :)

avengeusa

Now its time to learn the brake system, that will be much easier lol.

By the way...is there anyway to ajust the IP timing to peak out the engine performance? or is that even neccessary?

Mark :)
get a pyrometer installed first to make sure you do not get egt's that are offensive

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While its unfortunate that it wasn't working to begin with, now you know a bit more about how it works. I don't know crap about my IP other than that it seems to work okay. :)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Good job there Sir. Glad you got the ole gal purring. It's a heck of a good feeling when you can figure out a problem...fix it...then feel that rush of excitement when it fires up.

And you're wrong hellzazor1...it is a big deal to me. Heck..I felt a rush of excitement just reading your post:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks