• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It was a good day to have a deuce.

91W350

As I was pulling into the lot this morning, there was a tractor stuck, trying to get up on the roadway. A few minutes later, he was on the way. The deuce never sweated a bit getting him moving.

Then one of the guys buried a Manitou Forklift, it was a helpless critter in the loose sand and snow. We were trying to get a large rotary hanger, about 12 feet tall and 30 feet long, out of the shop and it was not cooperating. Got the Manitou out with a little tug and we swapped it for a large Case 4x4 loader.

This afternoon one of the bull haulers came in, tried to swing a 53' pot around to back in and buried his tractor in the snow and mud. He got the right front tire off of the solid surface into the mud and he was done. That corner went down and the tandems were diagonally floating. I used low-second and just idled him out, it shuddered just a little as the tires were on the verge of breaking, then the truck and trailer started swinging.

The Fuchs was pretty helpless, so I packed a track in the soft sand and gravel for him to drive to the shop and chained up the outside dual on all four corners. It was like a completely different machine.

On the way home, I stopped and filled her up with diesel. It is supposed to get down to 6 degrees here this week, so I thought some fresh fuel for my baby might be a good thing. Glen

DeucesWild11

Cool story.. actually I just eyeballed a few 5 tons up at Ft Hood NY. Look like a great deal but I have to say I like the looks of the deuce better.. it's just the same as comparing a 1960s pickup to a 1980's pickup, which one looks better.. :p

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All that fun(at work), and your getting paid too? Nice!

Sounds like the new job is a winner.

Akicita

That's great! It is always fun to answer that question that people are always asking.
"what are you going to do with that?" :D
Funny how people react when I tell them I use the truck for "everything" from hauling stuff to going out for a cup of coffee. I get responses varying from "Hm, really?" to "So, where do I get one?"

jsthnt@gmail.com

That is one of the questions that I get too. Mine is the only thing that I drive. The other question is what do you get for feul milage. Then you tell them and it is as much as they are getting.
I took General Granite out when we got 8 inches of snow, and it almost wasn't any fun. It was like you were driving on a dry road.
Have fun in the snow Glen, we missed out on the snow this time and all of ours is gone.:(

DeucesWild11

Can't wait to take her out in the snow to see how she handles.. Once I get my WMO filtration complete I will tell them 10-12 MPG but fuel only costs me about $1.00 a gallon! Ha! At least that is what I am estimating.. So then the Deuce will be more cost effective to run than my Mits Galant!:D

91W350

I thought about pulling the strap or chain tight, then jumping out for a quick photo, but felt like it might be even more embarrassing for the driver. I pulled a stuck 4x4 out of the yard today and another semi this morning. He was beat before he tried to leave. The trailer tires were frozen into an ice block and the tractor had a short uphill climb to get moving. As soon as he slipped a wheel, he sunk in what little snow was under him and he was done. He wormed first to reverse for a while before he came looking for help. One of those "I would rather blow a differential than ask for help" guys. I heard that old V6 GMC screaming back there and knew he was stuck. I fired up the deuce and let it warm up while he entertained us with the sweet music. I told him I would wrap the strap around the frame behind the bumper, but he insisted the bumper was strong enough. I actually had the tires spinning on the deuce before the ice finally broke, looked like thick glass sticking in the sidewall... The bumper on the truck was bent out and down, some guys no it, no, I did not jerk it, just eased into the load and applied fuel.

Welder Sam

hahaha!! btw, i had a similar evening pulling a pick up buried in mud so far that part of the axle was beneath the ground surface. low 1st with 20 ft of cable and drug him around like it wasnt even there. guess thats what ima do with mine... at least when needed right

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks