• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Items you normally check 1st and need to repair and or replace?

Autonomy_Lost

Check all spindle nuts
Check for missing CDR valve due to demil process
Check for loose bolts on half shalfs
Change all fluids
Change all filters (sometimes air filter is not even installed)
Make sure batteries are secured, and check for loose/hot wires

majorhavoc67

Check all spindle nuts
Check for missing CDR valve due to demil process
Check for loose bolts on half shalfs
Change all fluids
Change all filters (sometimes air filter is not even installed)
Make sure batteries are secured, and check for loose/hot wires
Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with what a CDR valve is?

royg

In my experience the lift pump and the injection pump are common failure items after years of storage.

Also, the hose that connects the fuel filler neck to the tank is always deteriorated significantly and will leak whenever you fuel the truck. The hose can be changed without removing the fuel tank, either by a very long screwdriver between the frame and tank, or a small ratchet in the gap between the frame and body through which the hoses passes.

majorhavoc67

In my experience the lift pump and the injection pump are common failure items after years of storage.

Also, the hose that connects the fuel filler neck to the tank is always deteriorated significantly and will leak whenever you fuel the truck. The hose can be changed without removing the fuel tank, either by a very long screwdriver between the frame and tank, or a small ratchet in the gap between the frame and body through which the hoses passes.
Where can you get a replacement hose?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would change the mechanical fuel pump, probably in the top 5 of things to do. I have 2 trucks and one started leaking in a few hundred miles and the other truck had a bad pump off of the trailer. It let fuel into my oil and I glad I caught it before my truck ran.

majorhavoc67

I would change the mechanical fuel pump, probably in the top 5 of things to do. I have 2 trucks and one started leaking in a few hundred miles and the other truck had a bad pump off of the trailer. It let fuel into my oil and I glad I caught it before my truck ran.
Do you replace it with just another mechanical pump or is there a different pump you use?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you replace it with just another mechanical pump or is there a different pump you use?
I replaced it with a mechanical pump from the Hummer Parts Group HPG. There is a difference in the construction of the lever on the military ones. I don’t know if an autozone is any better or worse but the thickness of the arm was noticeable bigger to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks