• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's a military vehical but it's not what you think

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am pleasantly surprised at how many here who are addicted to the OD GREEN are also addicted in some way to Steam or railroading big and small!

I have been a railfan since college and have walkeda lot of grades long since abandoned and seen the evolution of the 12" to the foot type of modell RR.

Good to know I have company on this...

RL

Yes, it seems that many of us (or at least a noticable group) share addictive genes from both sides of our family trees. I guess daddy was train-man and momma wore combat boots.

I was raised just a block and a half from a railroad crossing. My grandfather would walk the little 3- 4- 5-year old ME to the store on the other side of the railway station for the morning paper and a candy bar.... We "weren't allowed to" cross the tracks untill we waited for one of the morning commuter trains to pass through. They ran about ever 15 minutes back then. Then we'd cut through the station and talk to the guys inside - - even saw the telegraph in actual use - - then we'd exit the other side, cut across the "Depot Park" and fetch the paper. Then we'd reverse the process on the way back to the house.
I lived 18 years in that house.... Trains were a daily thing for me.

I sound like such an OLD FART [thumbzup]:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks