• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Its a windshield seal, thats all I know

swhpaz

I'm new to the restoration of MV's, so please bare with me. I'm still learning the names of various parts and this is one I haven't found what its name is. Its the windshield seal that attaches above the glass part of the windshield, it doesn't move with the glass.

I have no idea where to get a new one, both sides are rotted out pretty bad. I was told a 1 inch by 1/4 inch rubber strip will work, but where I live nobody knows what I'm talking about and have no way of even ordering anything.

I've searched the various sites that sell MV parts, and seached SS for threads but haven't found any info.

I'm open to any suggestions!!!

Thanks!!!!!

airmech3839

OD Iron has them in the M35 section.....As far as what they are called by IPC "
RUBBER, SPECIAL, SHAPED SECTION:​
WINDSHIELD TO COWL 54-13/16 LONG" OD is selling them for $15!!

touringfordor

I realize this is an old thread, but this may help someone in the future. In the M35 manuals, the top of the windshield hinge is sealed to the frame with the following part:
SMRCODE PAOZZ, CAGEC 19207, Part # 8741839 Rubber, Round Section. I don't know the diameter, but I will be getting into mine soon and will post a follow-up if I have any luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks