• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

its below zero now. Will I have problems getting my new head gaskets to seal?

m1garand_man

its below zero now. Will I have problems getting my new head gaskets to seal? I'll be putting the engine back together this weekend or next and I am concerned with the dropping temps (negative teens next week) that I might not be able to get my felpro head gaskets to seal up well. The heads have been redecked but the block is as is. I didn't have leaks before however even though when I did the heads last the heads came off two different engines and neither the heads or the block were redecked. Felpro gaskets rock but I have never done any of this kind of work and then did my test driving when it was this cold out before.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The clamping force of the heads torqued down should be all thats needed. Once you get the motor up to operating temp, that will "seal" the gaskets to the mating surface. As long as its all flat(heads and block), I wouldn't worry about it.