• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's just like your Blazer

Napoleon_Tanerite

So my M1009 is in the shop getting fixed. While it's in the shop, State Farm says they'll get me a rental that's "pretty close" to the Blazer. I'm now driving a Jeep Patriot. I hate this thing with the fire of a thousand suns. This thing sucks out loud, and is an insult to even imply that it's anything like a Blazer, forget "pretty close". FML

They aren't too bad... in Europe, where you can get the diesel engine and 6-speed manual transmission. But like almost everything else, they've gotten caught by the SUV=super station wagon craze.

OL AG '89

Ask the State Farm agent what happens when I need to help out a fellow SS member in another "Blazer" think that "Jeep thing" is gonna jump start anything but a prius????
You're in goot hands, but no callouses!!!!

cornrichard

I enjoy this post with the passion of 1000 squealing Justin Beber fans. I could not hate the patriot any more unless the new Dodge puts a Fiat motor in it.

Napoleon_Tanerite

The modern blazer would be the tahoe. Of course the top does not come off anymore. And I don't think they still make the two door. But still a full size truck.
my parents actually have '02 and '10 Tahoes. I really like them, and have considered getting a late 90s early 00s Tahoe as a road trip vehicle. It's no tank like the M1009, but it's comfortable and practical.

Napoleon_Tanerite

So what's the issue with the Patriot, no slave connector?
It's small and cramped, and the ergonomics in the driver's seat are awful. It's got no power (not that the M1009 is a rocket, but at least that's expected). It looks a lot bigger than it feels. It's that beige/tan color of failure that only soccer moms and losers drive.

I think the thing I hate the most is it tries to pass itself off as some sort of utility vehicle, when in reality it's more of a station wagon than anything else.

StarkIndustries7

A while back, an F350 dually's trailer hitch just 'happened' to go through my Mustang's radiator... (he stopped a little faster than I thought he did.) aua
Well, as I'm waiting for the rental place to get me a car, the lady walks over an asked me what I had in the shop, I told her a Mustang, she then tells me they're gonna give me "something sporty."
I got a Pontiac G5 coupe w/ an auto trans.
Auto Pontiac for a 5 speed Mustang GT? :cookoo: Somethings very wrong here... Lol.

PS;
Long time user of the site, first time posting something.
I love the SS site. So much great info to cram into my head for when the wife lets me start my OD addiction!
(Well, the addiction is there, just need the money to fuel it...)

Napoleon_Tanerite

This isn't the worst rental vs original I've had either, and I think I've got you beat.

So my GTO was in the shop getting fixed-- they gave me an 02 Malibu. Talk about getting hosed. I trade in an AWESOME car, and get something craptacular in return.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks