• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Its not a MEP but I bought it

JRM

Was lookin for a MEP for my father since mine works so well, but ran across a ultra rare 1999 Honda EB12D with only 16 hours on it, so I picked it up- one question for the gear heads in here- Should I replace the timing belt even at its low hours? The manual says not until 8K hours...... but sitting 2 decades on the OEM belt scares me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gn4PTgIPVw

justacitizen

i know absolutely nothing about that engine or generator but i would still replace the timing belt. looks like a real nice unit. congrats.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Onan 7500 thats in our camper gives an hour and a calender time on replacing belt. They werent hard to do, but the removing it from the camper and the gajillion skrews that hold the skin on were the worst part.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
That was a nice purchase. To put trust into the unit, go ahead and replace all kinds of old rubber. Look over the fuel lines and such too.

I have a 1987 Honda EX4500, Gas, totally enclosed quiet generator that still runs good. The problem is its only 4500. :)

Last edited:

JRM

I paid 3k, the owner wanted 6k but I was able to snag it for half. He said he originally paid $11,500 for the thing! I figured 3k was about what a nice 803A runs after a bid war. It spins 3600 and has no idle function and im not a huge fan of that, 5w40 oil for sure! I ordered the belt, water pump, filters and rad hoses. I was also able to find a sweet discount parts site for everything- check out boats.net

Chainbreaker

How much was it ??
Not sure if it was the one in our area on Craigslist, appeared well maintained...if it was that one, it was listed at $5600 asking price. Has a nice 3 cylinder diesel, and unit is rated around 8 kW continuous electrical output.

Last edited:

jamawieb

They are very nice units and will give the MEP's a run for the money. I've had a couple with several thousands hours and no problems.

robson1015

I paid 3k, the owner wanted 6k but I was able to snag it for half. He said he originally paid $11,500 for the thing! I figured 3k was about what a nice 803A runs after a bid war. It spins 3600 and has no idle function and im not a huge fan of that, 5w40 oil for sure! I ordered the belt, water pump, filters and rad hoses. I was also able to find a sweet discount parts site for everything- check out boats.net
Nice buy - you stole it !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks