• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's official... I bought a HMMWV

MaverickH1

2005 M1123. 6.5L Optimizer, 4 speed 4L80E transmission, 81 miles on the clock. I'll be starting the EUC wait shortly. This is a not an "off road use only" truck. Sold by the Marine Corps with a clear SF97.

What do you think its job was?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the purchase! Welcome to SS from TN.

Its difficult to tell from the photos, but that platform is interesting. Do you think the truck had a command shelter mounted?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would lead me to believe that it was a "long" shelter, hence no tailgate... even the hinges for the tailgate were removed. Or, maybe a smoke generating unit?

Action

It looks like all the other 2-door m1123s that that company is making. In GA, I think. But yours had the top, doors, and rear partition removed. That is why the red dot kit is just sitting in the bed.
I think that company was discussed on here before.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are actually being demilitarized by GP at the lot there in Albany GA. They have a bunch. Some are also getting aftermarket hardtops and doors (eh not sure I liked the doors). These looked like very nice trucks when I was there last week, and GREAT people to deal with. I have John (Lot mgr) number if you want to call him about your truck.

Last edited:

MaverickH1

They are actually being demilitarized by GL at the lot there in Albany GA. They have a bunch. Some are also getting aftermarket hardtops and doors (eh not sure I liked the doors). These looked like very nice trucks when I was there last week, and GREAT people to deal with. I have John (Lot mgr) number if you want to call him about your truck.
I believe I just got John's number in an e-mail I received earlier today. I actually dislike the "complete" ones. I think they look kind of... off. I'm curious to see what I end up doing to this truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks