• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I've got the bug

dubnali

Three weeks ago my dad purchased our first Deuce, a 67 Kaiser Jeep, for us to enjoy along with my brother. It needs a few things, but it runs and drives. Onve we got it and I got to drive it a few times, I started feeling ill. It was an odd illness. In search for an antidote, I visited Gl to see what they had coming up. After a few trucks got up more than I wanted to pay, I had almost given up. I drive a truck and was on the road at the time, so my brother was watching the auctions until they closed at 5pm last thursday (9/27). Determined to find the cure, I logged in on my phone and checked all the Georgia trucks. Low and behold, there it was. My cure, my antidote. A 1971 General Products division. I checked the pics multiple times and decided to place a bid. At $2,051 I figured I would get out bid. I almost wore out my refresh button watching it til the final seconds. I won! I was cured! But that wasn't enough. I still don't feel healthy. Does anybody have any idea how to get rid of this illness for good?

212sparky

First welcome to the site. Second get more land and more trucks, trailers, gensets and stuff!!! you cant have your truck get lonely it is not healthy for your truck.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once you get this disease , there is no cure for it.. The best you can hope for is never running out of OD green iron.. I have 2 now. I started with an M715, then bought a bobbed M35a2, almost bought a 5 ton a month ago . Thank goodness my buddy talked me out of it..lol

DeucesWild11

No cure in sight. I started just this past Nov almost a year now. The deuce was first and then the M105 trailer in the spring.. Now Today I just won my first MEP-002... it feels like Christmas!! Those last few minutes of the auction are great huh?? Especially when the time has elapsed and you know you got it.. My first Auction for OD Iron.. now I got to drive to MD to pick it up.. I got the one on the trailer!:D:D

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I almost wore out my refresh button watching it til the final seconds. I won! I was cured! But that wasn't enough. I still don't feel healthy. Does anybody have any idea how to get rid of this illness for good?
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.roflyou're curedroflHA HA HA HA HA HAroflcured....that's rich.......he thinks he cured.auaauaaua

Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy.:cookoo:

The only difference between Green Iron and crack is that the morning after a big binge you have something sitting out in the yard to show for it.

There is no cure....only the increasing speed down the slippery slope of MV addiction with your lowlife buddies greasing the skids and furthering your addiction.

Come on down to the GA Rally next week and join the MV freakshow.:shock:

dubnali

Thanks y'all. I didn't expect to find a cure. I find myself wanting a 5 ton, unimog, gamma goat, pickup, tank, and the list goes on. If I find myself in the area next week, I'll try to make an appearance at the rally. And I'll post pics soon.

m816

Ya can't have too many five tons. I have three now. after I tried to downsize to Jeeps. got a couple jeeps and realized I needed another five ton. Used to be addicted to deuces but found that five tons are a better high. Buy another five ton so I don't have to, please.aua

The good news is that between purchases, this site should help you to get your fix. However, it is recommended that you use it daily to prevent withdrawals.

Welcome aboard! :beer:

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Welcome to our green iron disease support group! Sometimes I downsize my collection, but so far I've always upsized it again after a while!

:beer:

BAZYRKYR

Welcome to Steel Obsession...I mean Soldier. :D I've got the Illness too! :drool: I got my first dose of the "antidote" 6 months ago...a 1967 Kaiser M109A3. But guess what? It didn't help. Not one bit. This weekend I set-up a purchase for an M105A2 trail w/ a S-250G (Shielded) shelter but alas...I'm still an OD & Marine Corps Green Fiend. And this morning I set-up a deal for a new Van Body for my M109A3. For now the shaking has stopped but the urge is still their aua. Now I need some more money so hopefully I can raise some cash and sell this Van Body.

BAZYRKYR

There is a positive cure for this. No money. Works every time!
:D:D:D:D....Ain't that the truth! After this weekend and this morning I'll be broke for the next two months. I suppose I can always sleep in the M109A3 ....wait a minute:tin hat:....that was my plan already!