• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I've Had a Good Run...

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I got all of the negative waves from yesterday out of my system. Once a month the wife and I take a load of donations to Fisher House and today was the day. I can't go in there without feeling truely blessed by the men and woman of our armed forces. I spoke with a mother who has been there 6 weeks while her son is going through multiple surgeries. Makes all of my petty issues seem insignificant.

Last edited:

Keith_J

The rust can be fixed. Single plane bend, just some 22 gauge steel, butt welded to good stuff right at door frame and then slowly work it to the center. Weld it up, shrink it down and a wee spot of body filler makes the rust disappear.

Yes, it a fixer upper. But if it is too much, we could easily trade roof issues. You fix my sun room roof and the 1028 will get repaired just as well as the M37 :). Of course I want a 3/8" in 12" pitch, not that inferior 3/16" currently in place. Heck, I'll get materials for both.

Jeepsinker

Pm me a cell number and I'll send you some pics if you want next time I get out by them in the field. I need to check the roof on them though. Don't want you to end up with the same issue.

TexAndy

Now I really feel bad.

I was supposed to go with him but was beat from the previous recovery.

Like I said, if the transmission is toast, you can HAVE one of my humvee pulled transmissions. Assuming you don't care about having a park position.

AECS

I love the Fisher house. Stayed in one for a week while my son was having surgery. We were stationed in Japan and had to go to Hawaii for the procedure. Fisher house was wonderful! Thank you for your service to them!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Small glimmer of hope today. I got the batts swapped out, turned the key and got all the warning/idiot lights lit up, turned the key and....nada. No relay click at all. Ran to NAPA to get a relay to do the DH mod and had to wait half a day for them to get one to the store, got it home, was in the middle of the swap when the wife called and said she was on the way home and starving. After the icy silence I got when I asked what she was bringing home for dinner I decided maybe I better get something in the oven. I was at least able to get out and finish the DH install and now she cranks just fine. Running out of daylight and Honey-free time so I'll have to wait until tomorrow and try priming the filter to make sure I'm getting fuel. If the gauge is right at least I got a full tank of fuel with the lemon.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw the top off and use it as a summer truck or even better, engineer a roll cage in it and use a bikini top. When life deals you lemons, make lemonade.

Old foagies, remember what a Carson Top was?

m715mike

Small glimmer of hope today. I got the batts swapped out, turned the key and got all the warning/idiot lights lit up, turned the key and....nada. No relay click at all. Ran to NAPA to get a relay to do the DH mod and had to wait half a day for them to get one to the store, got it home, was in the middle of the swap when the wife called and said she was on the way home and starving. After the icy silence I got when I asked what she was bringing home for dinner I decided maybe I better get something in the oven. I was at least able to get out and finish the DH install and now she cranks just fine. Running out of daylight and Honey-free time so I'll have to wait until tomorrow and try priming the filter to make sure I'm getting fuel. If the gauge is right at least I got a full tank of fuel with the lemon.

This reminds me of something wreckerman said >>>>

The only thing that lies more consistantly than a career politician is a military vehicle fuel guage.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And Wreckerman's possum logic is proven correct once again. Tried bleeding the system and wasn't getting diddly so crawled under to tap on the tank and it was drier than a bone. Added about 4 gallons of diesel (another $15 invested in this POS) and tried again. Still nothing. Started tracing the fuel lines to see if there might be an issue and found a great big one. No fuel pump and the line is kinked in half. I'm thinking I've invested enough in this dog and it's time to cut my losses.

003.jpg

cucvrus

Keep going a new fuel pump is only $24.00 and takes an hour to put on. A walking breathing Dog is always worth more then a dead Dog. You can do it. Do it for the team. It may make you happy.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll come down and drag it off for you. You still owe me a battery from the Ft Sam recovery a "few" years ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks