• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jabsco marine searchlight on the deuce

blacktop

This is a 24 volt Jabco searchlight off a boat. I didnt want to drill in to my top so this mount is what I came up with. I can still use my soft top and fold the windshield. The light is wireless remote controled and moves 30 degrees up or down and 360 around. Im still waiting for the controller and I will report how it works. I also put on a class IV hitch I had laying in the iron pile. I really enjoy working on this truck!

Attachments

blacktop

That light new is around $800.00:cookoo:! I found a used one on ebay for 100 bucks and the controller was around $80.00. Th pipe was 8 bucks the bend was free and the rest was scrap. So Im in under $200. I also plan on adding a antenna to the light mount so I can get some tunes. There are smaller lights out there but I was drawn to this one. I like the dual bulbs and 24 volts. I dont know if I like the mount or not , it will work fine but does look funky.

tm america

it looks factory .i have a remote light i saved off my rv i am gonna put on my deuce.I am gonna make a convoy light pole to mount it to so it will be right behind the cab .I'm sure you will like having that hitch on there to .Nice job keep up the good work[thumbzup]

blacktop

I will for sure. Thanks for the comments, I was trying for a GI look so it didnt look to out of place. Does any one know where I can get rattle can pant to match this truck? I have heard Rapco but I dont know what this color is called. Here is a picture right when I bought the truck.

Attachments

blacktop

They show up now and then, If you find a 12 volt light it can be wired to work with 24volt but you will need a 24 volt controler. Defenfer marine seems to be the cheepest.

saddamsnightmare

February 23rd, 2010.

Blacktop:

Paint is Tan 686A, I'm not sure of Rapco or Gillece's number, but that should get you a match less fading. Nice plow set up, how'd you attach it to the frame without heavy mods, and what are you using for the hoist mechanism?

Cheers,
Kyle F. McGrogan:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks