• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jackstands?

FXR1969

Does anybody use 6x6 or 8x8 wood blocks for supporting there trucks while working on them?
search said use 2 5-6 ton stands, just wondering!!
Thanks

74M35A2

I saw something interesting along these lines I wanted to pass along. It was not really easily adjustable, but did look to be awfully strong and low cost. Along the lines of a log cabin made from 2x4's. Check under front of the 1/2 M923A2 I picked up for my trailer project:

Attachments

dmetalmiki

I use comercial vehicle jack stands after Iv'e hoisted the truck to the required hieght with my fork lift. I the fork truck in situe for safety and the tynes are also then suported with lorry stands.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I use 4x4, 6x6, 4x6, 2x8, to crib and support stuff that I am working on

i saw something interesting along these lines i wanted to pass along. It was not really easily adjustable, but did look to be awfully strong and low cost. Along the lines of a log cabin made from 2x4's. Check under front of the 1/2 m923a2 i picked up for my trailer project:
jenga!!!

motorolanut

I have heavy duty jack stands but ALWAYS used cribbing blocks 6x6 on heavy vehicles (2 1/2, 5 tons, farm tractors, dozers. Blocks are more forgiving and less likely to tip over when wrenching hard.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have heavy duty jack stands but ALWAYS used cribbing blocks 6x6 on heavy vehicles (2 1/2, 5 tons, farm tractors, dozers. Blocks are more forgiving and less likely to tip over when wrenching hard.

Blocks are a good idea. I usually skip that step when using these jackstands as I leave the truck hooked to the bridge crane.

Attachments

azteclizard

i welded up some scrap into some makeshift stands.. before yall go on about them failing... ive had a single set holding up the front on my m54 for the last year and 1/2 after i pulled the front axle and sprins for my bobbed m52... still holding.. and thats through some hellaious pueblo west winds, snow storms, monsoonish rains, and me crawling on, over, and through the truck pulling parts as needed..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks