• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jasper 6.2 diesel ?

rickf

If you have ever been to the Jasper plant, its top notch and definitely not unskilled workers. Super clean and very well organized. My shop [ I work for an electric utility] have installed probably a 30-40 Jasper engines over the years and probably that many transmissions. Especially the old E4OD's. Only had one warranty claim on a motor and they "paid" us to repair it. As far as the 6.2 I remember replacing 3-4, years ago and don't remember any issues. Also Jasper is not the cheapest out there. But certainly cheaper then dealer engines.
Of course just my 2 cents worth, I don't sell Jasper engines as I buy them for our fleet.. [450+ vehicles] We have tried many other brands of rebuilds and pretty much use Jasper exclusively.
Probably cheapest route would be find a good take out. You guys must use a different Jasper than I do, and have had same salesman for years.
It is entirely possible thatd due to the large volume that you buy you get engines from a different batch, a higher grade let's say, than the average guy on the street. I am guessing that same engine would cost more than what is offered normally. Every company has their top line and their economy line.

F18hornetM

Maybe your right. I never noticed an economy line, but who knows. If it is a more expensive engine we are using, its still less than dealer prices.
Back the original post, I'm thinking he can find a pull out, out of something. They were pretty tough motors. We don't have any left in the fleet, but when we did they weren't much trouble.

rickf

Maybe your right. I never noticed an economy line, but who knows. If it is a more expensive engine we are using, its still less than dealer prices.
Back the original post, I'm thinking he can find a pull out, out of something. They were pretty tough motors. We don't have any left in the fleet, but when we did they weren't much trouble.
Because of the volume of engines you are buying I am sure you are buying on contract. They can sell them to you a little cheaper because they know they will sell, say, 100 engines guaranteed.
They do not advertise the better lines of engines because they are the ones that go to their contract customers. They are the ones that are assembled one by one and not on an assembly line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks