• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JB Weld to fix tach?

sed6

JB Weld to fix tach? Yep!

The tach in my M925 is inop. Turns out the female fitting in the back of the tach is wallowed out and won't grab the square tachometer cable. Besides replacement is there an easy fix for this? I was thinking about a little JB Weld in the hole, a light coat of grease on the square tach shaft end to keep it from sticking, then connect it up and let it dry. I plan to rough up the inside of the hole to give it a little tooth. Think it'll work?

Last edited:

sed6

So I went for it. Worked perfectly! The plastic spacer was the perfect size and it wiggle out once the JB Weld was dry. I installed it tonight and it worked perfectly for about 1 minute. After that the shaft slipped and wallowed out the JB Weld. Back to the drawing board.

Attachments

sed6

So my 2nd attempt was a success! I sanded down the plastic square spacer by 1/32" or so on two adjoining sides (maintaining square) and that did the trick. This resulted in a smaller hole and the tach cable fit it like a glove. It musta been just a hair too larger on my first attempt. It's held up to an hour or more of operation so far so I think we're gonna call this fixed!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks